Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied to university of St.Andrews and they sent me a message saying my fees will be considered as oversees, however on my UCAS apply i put in 'settled in the uk' which is indefinite leave which UKCISA says is eligible for normal uk fees...was wondering if one of you guys could shed some light on the situation
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsMPhys)
    I applied to university of St.Andrews and they sent me a message saying my fees will be considered as oversees, however on my UCAS apply i put in 'settled in the uk' which is indefinite leave which UKCISA says is eligible for normal uk fees...was wondering if one of you guys could shed some light on the situation
    SFE can't comment on fee status - that is determined by each university independently.

Contact St Andrews and ask them why they've designated you as international....it could be an error on their part or it might be something on your UCAS form that you've answered slightly wrong.

Either way if you ask them to send you a fee status questionnaire they'll re-assess your fee status and if you're a UK citizen and UK resident then you'll be classed as paying home fees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    SFE can't comment on fee status - that is determined by each university independently.

Contact St Andrews and ask them why they've designated you as international....it could be an error on their part or it might be something on your UCAS form that you've answered slightly wrong.

Either way if you ask them to send you a fee status questionnaire they'll re-assess your fee status and if you're a UK citizen and UK resident then you'll be classed as paying home fees.
    ahh okay thanks very much

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.