Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Using toner for brown hair?

ReputationRep:
    About a month ago or so I bleached my hair blonde and I hated it so I dyed over it with a semi-permanent.

The colour faded, which was good as it was too dark. I don't mind the shade of Brown it is now but it's really brassy. It looks really yellow in bright light even though it is still brown.

I know I should dye over it permanently with a light brown but I'm worried it'll go too dark and my hair is pretty damaged at the moment.

Would using a purple toner work on the yellow tones within the brown?If anyone has any experience going back brown please let me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corax)
    About a month ago or so I bleached my hair blonde and I hated it so I dyed over it with a semi-permanent.

The colour faded, which was good as it was too dark. I don't mind the shade of Brown it is now but it's really brassy. It looks really yellow in bright light even though it is still brown.

I know I should dye over it permanently with a light brown but I'm worried it'll go too dark and my hair is pretty damaged at the moment.

Would using a purple toner work on the yellow tones within the brown?If anyone has any experience going back brown please let me know
    Purple toner on really ever worked for me when my hair was just bleached,not when I went back to brown, I gradually used darker dye than going straight back to dark brown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Purple toner on really ever worked for me when my hair was just bleached,not when I went back to brown, I gradually used darker dye than going straight back to dark brown.
    Thanks, I thought toner might work because there are strong yellow pigments going through.
    I guess I'll have to try out a few different things.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.