Turn on thread page Beta

grades watch

Announcements

wat kinda grades do u need to do pharmacy at uni?

ReputationRep:
    Do some research, get onto http://www.ucas.com and find out your favourable uni websites and then search for the Pharmacy course and look up the grades.

Personally I went for Biochemistry (pretty similar), my offer from Oxford was AABB, Imperial ABB, UCL ABB, Bath AAB, Bristol AAA, Warwick BBB. Some of those are lower than the 'norm' though (not meaning to be arrogant at all)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlywee)
    Do some research, get onto http://www.ucas.com and find out your favourable uni websites and then search for the Pharmacy course and look up the grades.

Personally I went for Biochemistry (pretty similar), my offer from Oxford was AABB, Imperial ABB, UCL ABB, Bath AAB, Bristol AAA, Warwick BBB. Some of those are lower than the 'norm' though (not meaning to be arrogant at all)
    Those do seem like amazing offers from amazing unis. well done, you must've had an amazing CV/Intervies. any advice (especially for Oxford) on making a CV look impressive, and for the interviews.

Phil

ReputationRep:
    aww shucks

Thank you! Advice...I don't really know where to start! For Oxford I think a lot of it is down to how you present yourself as a person. I went in being confident in what I had to say, but still knew that I wasn't the best, and so I don't think i cam over as arrogant. In my first interview I had a panel of 2 men, one who seemed totally uninterest, and the other who was a biophysicist who picked up on my aptitude for physics and got really excited. Basically i knew that one went well as it was supposed to last for 20 mins and instead lasted closed to an hour! The 2nd one was abismal though, very hard questions, very unfair etc etc. The most important thing to do here is to keep your cool, and just think 'this is my one and only shot, i AM going to do this'. Also another good move is eye contact, don't get shy and avoid their eyes, I found that very useful for engaging their attention.

As far as my personal statement goes, I did my first draft around July (the hardest part as you just don't know where to start!!) and then carried on adapting it, getting it checked by teachers, adult friends (i din't want to show it to my school friends), and family etc. They all had input and it's your decision in the end on whether you want to use what they say or not. Make sure you bring across your REAL interest in the subject, try not to bang on about how great you are as a person (even though that's very important too), it's better to show that you have read around, you've got the work experience etc.

gawsh, just talking about it makes me go queazy...it was quite an ordeal!!!

That most likely hasn't helped all that much, ask some specific questions and i may be of more use perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    That most likely hasn't helped all that much, ask some specific questions and i may be of more use perhaps?
    That was helpful thanks. What did you write on the oxbridge application sheet under the additional info, and when did you hear that they wanted you for an interview?

Phil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHIL)
    That was helpful thanks. What did you write on the oxbridge application sheet under the additional info, and when did you hear that they wanted you for an interview?

Phil
    I didn't write anything under additional info. I was one of the only people not to. My own personal view was that it was uneccesary as anything i wanted the uni's to know was already on my PS, and i didn't want to be repetitive or appear as if I was 'sucking up' just cos it was Oxford. I heard about getting an interview quite late, got me very worried as my friends had already heard. I phoned up to ask and it was just the way the college worked, they only posted interview dates about a week or so before. Very inconvenient as i had to miss a party in the end!! D'OH!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't write anything under additional info. I was one of the only people not to. My own personal view was that it was uneccesary as anything i wanted the uni's to know was already on my PS, and i didn't want to be repetitive or appear as if I was 'sucking up' just cos it was Oxford. I heard about getting an interview quite late, got me very worried as my friends had already heard. I phoned up to ask and it was just the way the college worked, they only posted interview dates about a week or so before. Very inconvenient as i had to miss a party in the end!! D'OH!
    I suppose it was worth missing that party though in the end.

Phil

ReputationRep:
    Yeh just slightly!! My advice is don't worry too much about Oxford right now...In the end it's down to luck and how you perform on the day. Right now it's very important you consider your other options, and do just as much research for those uni's as you've done for Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh just slightly!! My advice is don't worry too much about Oxford right now...In the end it's down to luck and how you perform on the day. Right now it's very important you consider your other options, and do just as much research for those uni's as you've done for Oxford.
    Yeah I guess you're right, but I really loved oxford, and am really keen on going there, though my chances of actually getting in are minimal.

Phil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHIL)
    Yeah I guess you're right, but I really loved oxford, and am really keen on going there, though my chances of actually getting in are minimal.

Phil
    How come you think your chances are minimal? What are you predicted and what are you doing to prepare? Do you know the oxbridge UCAS deadline for this year?

ReputationRep:
    15th of October, I'd imagine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHIL)

Phil
    I dunno, I thought pretty much the same but I (almost) got in. I would say if you think you have a chane of getting AAA and you feel you would enjoy studing at Oxford than go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHIL)

Phil
    What did you get for AS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    I dunno, I thought pretty much the same but I (almost) got in. I would say if you think you have a chane of getting AAA and you feel you would enjoy studing at Oxford than go for it.
    AAA could happen, but they turn down loads of people with far better results ie 6A and 1B. Yeah I think I would well enjoy it, and Im gonna go for it anyway.

Phil

ReputationRep:
    How come you think your chances are minimal? What are you predicted and what are you doing to prepare? Do you know the oxbridge UCAS deadline for this year?
    I didn't do great in GCSE - 1A* 6A 3B. Got an E for General AS, and my teachers arent supportive. I think I could get AAAA if I worked well hard and was lucky, but my teachers'll probably predict lower to cover their arses.

Phil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHIL)
    I didn't do great in GCSE - 1A* 6A 3B. Got an E for General AS, and my teachers arent supportive. I think I could get AAAA if I worked well hard and was lucky, but my teachers'll probably predict lower to cover their arses.

Phil
    It seems to me as if you could do it. You come across as an intelligent person on here anyway! Have you considered Bristol/Bath/Durham they are all very similar in atmosphere to Oxford, and I'm sure you'd like them too. As far as Oxford goes though, GOFERIT!

ReputationRep:
    It seems to me as if you could do it. You come across as an intelligent person on here anyway! Have you considered Bristol/Bath/Durham they are all very similar in atmosphere to Oxford, and I'm sure you'd like them too. As far as Oxford goes though, GOFERIT!
    Cheers for the complement and the help. I'll have a look at those Unis. I was also considering King's, LSE.

Phil

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.