The Student Room Group

Chances of getting an offer for LSE's Accounting & Finance?

Hi. I've recently just submitted my application and personal statement. I'm an international student and I'm quite anxious as I've applied to LSE to do Accounting and Finance (entry requirements AAA with an A in GCSE Maths and an A (I think) in A-Level Maths) and I'm aware of the intense competition there. I would genuinely like to know what my odds are of getting into LSE with the grades I have and am predicted, just to know what to expect. If someone could give me some advice, that'd be great!

IGCSE profile:
Additional Mathematics A*
Mathematics A*
English First Language A
Business Studies A*
Geography A*
English Literature A*
Accounting A*
Sciences - Coordinated A*A*
Malay A*

IELTS: 8.5 overall
Reading 9.0
Writing 7.0
Speaking 8.5
Listening 8.5

AS-Level profile:
Economics A
Mathematics A
Accounting A

Predicted grades:
Economics A
Mathematics A*/A (Not too sure whether it's an A* or an A, my referee didn't make this clear to me :/)
Accounting A*

I'm also taking AS-Level Geography privately, but I'm getting that grade next year on A-Level results day, or when I get my final decision, basically.

I won't list my other academic/extra-curricular activities because I'd just like to know my odds based on my grades. Thank you!! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by munirahalyana
Hi. I've recently just submitted my application and personal statement. I'm an international student and I'm quite anxious as I've applied to LSE to do Accounting and Finance (entry requirements AAA with an A in GCSE Maths and an A (I think) in A-Level Maths) and I'm aware of the intense competition there. I would genuinely like to know what my odds are of getting into LSE with the grades I have and am predicted, just to know what to expect. If someone could give me some advice, that'd be great!

IGCSE profile:
Additional Mathematics A*
Mathematics A*
English First Language A
Business Studies A*
Geography A*
English Literature A*
Accounting A*
Sciences - Coordinated A*A*
Malay - A*

IELTS: 8.5 overall
Reading 9.0
Writing 7.0
Speaking 8.5
Listening 8.5

AS-Level profile:
Economics A
Mathematics A
Accounting A

Predicted grades:
Economics A
Mathematics A*/A (Not too sure whether it's an A* or an A, my referee didn't make this clear to me :/)
Accounting A*

I'm also taking AS-Level Geography privately, but I'm getting that grade next year on A-Level results day, or when I get my final decision, basically.

I won't list my other academic/extra-curricular activities because I'd just like to know my odds based on my grades. Thank you!! :smile:

14% of applicants get an offer
http://university.which.co.uk/london-school-of-economics-and-political-science-university-of-london-l72/accounting-and-finance-3-years-8500-nn34

Your qualifications are fine and wont cause any problems. LSE place a lot of emphasis on the content of your PS so make sure you've read what they're looking for and that your PS meets their requirements.
Original post by PQ
14% of applicants get an offer
http://university.which.co.uk/london-school-of-economics-and-political-science-university-of-london-l72/accounting-and-finance-3-years-8500-nn34

Your qualifications are fine and wont cause any problems. LSE place a lot of emphasis on the content of your PS so make sure you've read what they're looking for and that your PS meets their requirements.

Thank you!! Yeah I've gone through drafts of it, hope it suffices :/

Quick Reply

Latest