I've been friendzoned

Announcements

So I've been sleeping with this girl for about 8 months now. We both started to get feelings for each other and we both told each other that.

But about 3 weeks ago she decided she wanted to stop having sex which I thought was just a temporary thing. She has now said she wants to just be friends.

I don't really care about that too much but I have no interest in being just friends with her only to watch her get with other lads so I fine to just leave her now and decline her friendship??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I've been sleeping with this girl for about 8 months now. We both started to get feelings for each other and we both told each other that.

But about 3 weeks ago she decided she wanted to stop having sex which I thought was just a temporary thing. She has now said she wants to just be friends.

I don't really care about that too much but I have no interest in being just friends with her only to watch her get with other lads so I fine to just leave her now and decline her friendship??
    Leave her. You don't deserve a girl like that.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's understandable that you're going to feel a bit sore about this. Did you have this conversation about having feelings for each other recently - i.e was it fairly soon after this conversation that she told you she wanted just to be friends? If so, it sounds like she's scared herself a bit with what she was feeling for you and wants to distance herself. You say that you both got feelings for each other, but then go on to say that 'you don't really care about that too much'. Either this is bravado and you're not being honest with yourself or maybe those original feelings you thought you had for her weren't that strong after all.
    Either way, if you're really not bothered, then walk away. You're not losing anything. But if you do like her, then respect her space for a bit and see where your relationship develops. But be nice about it.

(Original post by Anonymous)

Yes that's fine. Say it just doesnt work for you and call it a day. It's really a dumping imo.

ReputationRep:
    The friendzone doesn't exist. In most cases it's an imaginary construct used by males to justify not getting what they want.

If she doesn't want to have sex that's totally fine. She has no obligation to be with you for sex. If she just wants to be friends then again that's fine, she has no obligation to be anything more.

If you have no interest in being just friends are you basically saying you were only in it for the sex or relationship? You don't want to watch her get with other people but at the same time it's really none of your business. She wanted to move on. If you want to stay friends then do so. If you aren't interested in being friends then don't be friends. It doesn't really matter either way providing you respect her choices and she respects yours.

ReputationRep:
    Refuse friendship, then.
    EDIT: Be dignified and kind about it.

ReputationRep:
    Gosh...women sometimes ahahah

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M37HHf099oM

ReputationRep:
    Don't lie to yourself by staying friends; we know you want more than that. Staying friends would probably be worse for you so it's best to say "I'm not interested in a friendship, sorry" and walk away.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.