Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Embarrassing Moments watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    To make up for my **** "secrets thread" lol - What's your most embarrassing moment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanW)
    To make up for my **** "secrets thread" lol - What's your most embarrassing moment?
    Do a search, this has already been done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Do a search, this has already been done.
    I hate it when people say this. Do you expect people to be on here all the time to know exactly what's been said all the time? Threads are usually only prominent for a few days at the most. And are we supposed to do thorough searches on everything before posting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicman)
    I hate it when people say this. Do you expect people to be on here all the time to know exactly what's been said all the time? Threads are usually only prominent for a few days at the most. And are we supposed to do thorough searches on everything before posting?
    Ah a different side to you. Usually you're begging for rep. And a topic like this which is very common and not that original (no offence to the original poster) will usually be covered by lots of people. I don't expect anything of anyone i was merely stating a point. And hate? Thats a very strong word for something so damn trival.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Ah a different side to you. Usually you're begging for rep. And a topic like this which is very common and not that original (no offence to the original poster) will usually be covered by lots of people. I don't expect anything of anyone i was merely stating a point. And hate? Thats a very strong word for something so damn trival.
    I'm not usually "begging" for rep actually. Do you think my sole purpose in life is to gain a few points on an internet chatroom?

For all the original poster knew, this thread may have never been covered on here before. If it's so trivial why did you even bother replying to it in the first place? I just think it's really patronising, that's all.

ReputationRep:
    Whats going on here then?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not usually "begging" for rep actually. Do you think my sole purpose in life is to gain a few points on an internet chatroom?

For all the original poster knew, this thread may have never been covered on here before. If it's so trivial why did you even bother replying to it in the first place? I just think it's really patronising, that's all.
    Well RyanW didn't seem to have a problem with it and thats who the post was aimed at. This is such a petty thing to pick issue with. And its not patronising to suggest someone does a search before posting. From what i remember its actually suggested by the mods when people sign up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Whats going on here then?
    No idea! I suggested RyanW did a search because this topic had been covered in the last few days and Musicman had an objection to it.

ReputationRep:
    So much speculation regarding my feelings lol ....

I wasn't that bothered but I did think it was a bit of a sad thing to say (no offence) I'm new here so don't know whats been posted really, apologies if my thread was somewhat of a cliche. It was unintentional. However, I can't say it won't happen again because it no doubt will .... I'm not one for searching threads to see what's been done. That's not to say that it's not what should be done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    No idea! I suggested RyanW did a search because this topic had been covered in the last few days and Musicman had an objection to it.
    He may have had a bad day . Come on Musicman chill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanW)
    So much speculation regarding my feelings lol ....

I wasn't that bothered but I did think it was a bit of a sad thing to say (no offence) I'm new here so don't know whats been posted really, apologies if my thread was somewhat of a cliche. It was unintentional. However, I can't say it won't happen again because it no doubt will .... I'm not one for searching threads to see what's been done. That's not to say that it's not what should be done.

Cool, well if i offended you then sorry! But you're gonna get a lot of that on this forum to be honest. There's a big issue with people posting things that are discussed quite a lot. And everyone does it once in a while, but its easier to carry on a thread that has already been started than to start a new one. And i said you "seemed" not to mind. I assumed if you had minded you would have said something before. But you have now, so it doesn't matter.

Hope this is cleared up?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Cool, well if i offended you then sorry! But you're gonna get a lot of that on this forum to be honest. There's a big issue with people posting things that are discussed quite a lot. And everyone does it once in a while, but its easier to carry on a thread that has already been started than to start a new one. And i said you "seemed" not to mind. I assumed if you had minded you would have said something before. But you have now, so it doesn't matter.

Hope this is cleared up?!
    Yeah don't worry - Ive cried for a bit and I'm now fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Besides, if a topic has been covered before, why shouldn't it be covered again? A whole bunch of new people might bring a new perspective to the topic. It just irritates me when new members try to start threads then get reminded by more established members ofhow little they know about the forum and what's been previously posted, and are (possibly) then made to feel and look silly- it's hardly a welcoming attitude.

ReputationRep:
    Besides, if a topic has been covered before, why shouldn't it be covered again? A whole bunch of new people might bring a new perspective to the topic. It just irritates me when new members try to start threads then get reminded by more established members ofhow little they know about the forum and what's been previously posted, and are (possibly) then made to feel and look silly- it's hardly a welcoming attitude.
    I'm suggesting this is dropped because i've already posted and had a response from the person concerned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    He may have had a bad day . Come on Musicman chill.
    I've not had a bad day at all!! It's just I've seen people do this before and Sarky's comment was the last straw....sorry Sarky that it was you I took my annoyance out on.

ReputationRep:
    I've not had a bad day at all!! It's just I've seen people do this before and Sarky's comment was the last straw....sorry Sarky that it was you I took my annoyance out on.
    Thats fine, if you have an issue with someone you should say so.

ReputationRep:
    Come on guys, it's no big deal - let's chill.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.