Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, the time is here once again!

The X Factor starts next Saturday, 18th August, at 7.40pm on ITV 1.

What are you hoping to see this year? Will it be nice to have a group win? What do you think of the boys and girls in the young group being seperated? What do you think of the minimum age being put down to 14? What about the new judges?

This is a thread to chat about anything and everything to do with the X Factor, so go on!

ReputationRep:
    I hope Sharon Osborne wins this year. ;yes;

Not sure how good Dannii Minogue will be as a judge though :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Someone I used to go to school with is in it apparently, from what I've heard. So I'll be looking out for him.

ReputationRep:
    Oh! Didn't realise it was next Saturday!

I'm interested to see how the young kids will do, and have a feeling they might get the 'awwww' vote from the mums! lol

-x-

ReputationRep:
    The thing is though, last year two teenage boys (15 or 16 I think) got down quite far before being axed from the actual live shows and part of the reason they were axed was because Simon thought they were too young and wouldn't cope. It's pathetic they've lowered the age even further if they're just going to axe them again. Who knows...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'd worry the young ones would get sympathy votes, that said there was a girl who auditioned last year and was amazing, they put her through but then she told them she was only 14 and just wanted to come to sing in front of Simon, bless her.

I dunno about all this splitting up the young girls and boys, then it'd be just like 'Pop Stars: The Rivals' a.k.a. Girls Aloud/One True Voice, wouldn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Annoyed about how they've lowered the age limit One of them will definitely win it .. you can tell already.

I hate Sharon Osbourne. She's a talentless, snobby, plastic *****.

ReputationRep:
    I have a few questions:

who are the new judges?
    IS dermot the new presenter?
    Is luis coming back?

I didnt know they put the age down to 14 but i think its a good idea. there was a girl who was 14 last year who was a great oprea singer and she couldnt go through but i think she was amazing even though im not into that sort of music. I think this is why they have reduced the age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jsk)
    I have a few questions:

who are the new judges?
    Is luis coming back?

I didnt know they put the age down to 14 but i think its a good idea. there was a girl who was 14 last year who was a great oprea singer and she couldnt go through but i think she was amazing even though im not into that sort of music. I think this is why they have reduced the age.
    who are the new judges?

The judges for this year are Simon Cowell, Sharon Osbourne, Dannii Minogue and Louis Walsh

Yes .. Kate got dropped from the show and Dermot is her replacement

Is luis coming back?

He comes back half way during the show when Simon asks him to (Louis was originally dropped and replaced by this American choreographer .. can't remember his name, something like Brian Freeman?)

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe it starts next weekend, I wished it started after dance X.

I think lowering the age limit is stupid as everyone is going to be to nice to them. I also can't be bothered with 14 year old girl crying because they didn't get in.

ReputationRep:
    I just saw the advert and it said there arer 2 new judges. who are they. I thought it was the guy from dance x.

Also is strictly come dancing on the same time again because i hate having to choose between x factor and stricly when it comes to the live shows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avogadro6.022*10^23)
    I hate Sharon Osbourne. She's a talentless, snobby, plastic *****.
    How can you say that? Sharon Osbourne is great! She is warm and funny

ReputationRep:
    Out of all the winners of X-factor, have any actually been sucessful?

ReputationRep:
    No - they all eventually fade away

Has Leona even released an album? I thought they were giving her laods of time to release a decent one but i haven;t heard anything...

Can't believe its already here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lea164)
    Out of all the winners of X-factor, have any actually been sucessful?
    G4 have probably been the most sucessful, but they didn't even win!

Leona is meant to be recording but she's been stressed or ill or something, I heard she was releasing her album in the autumn, but it'll be way to late by then! I think she's missed her chance

ReputationRep:
    Im only going to watch it due to Dannii Minogue being on it,

Will probably mute all of the attempts at singing.

But if there are any decent people on there this year, i might listen to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gem)
    G4 have probably been the most sucessful, but they didn't even win!

Leona is meant to be recording but she's been stressed or ill or something, I heard she was releasing her album in the autumn, but it'll be way to late by then! I think she's missed her chance
    I used to always see Jonathan Ansell from G4 in a club where we live, seems they are quite successful now, not seen him in a while.

Thank god for Leona being ill, and yeah, the album will be way to late, straight to the bargain bin jobbie.

ReputationRep:
    How can you find out where to audition? I wanna go on it

ReputationRep:
    http://www.xfactor.tv/

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.