The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
If i got three B's i would be happy :smile: and into Loughborough.. infact id be really happy!!!
Reply 21
W0nker
Yeah, good luck mate! But I warn you the incentive to work at AS is.. low lol.

thanks i am going to need quite a bit of luck, but this is weird, i actually like working! sounds very nerdy, i know. lol.
It's all relative. I'll be ecstatic if I manage to get a B at AS maths, but B's in my other subjects would leave me sorely disappointed.
For me it would depend on the subject, a B grade in something like physics maths bio or chem i would consider quite good, giving the difficulty of the subject, but a B or even an A grade in say media studies or phottography or IT i wouldnt be really impressed with..
For my main subject (whatever I'll do at Uni, still to be decided) I won't accept anything lower than an A. For anything else, a B will be fine. C's are right out, I'll resit any exams that get me a C.

I don't work hard enough, if I did, I could probably get AAB at A level. As it is now I'll probably get BBB, which is still not bad... but I want moar. Time to return to "bed at 10pm" I think.

Incidentally, did you hear that they will introduce A* into A level soon? We'll all be in Uni/out of 6th form by then, but still....
I really hate B's probably due to the fact that I had only 1B in my GCSEs and it still annoys me! Although at AS (& A2 obviously) level it is a completely different story and if I get even 1 A on thursday I will consider it a miracle.
Reply 26
B is good, ergo not bad. Unless we consider a continuum scale.
I had all As and A*s at GCSE...so not only is everyone else expecting all As outta me this year, but it's what I want too. Unfortunately, I'll be getting at least one B and most likely a C; I'll be the perfect example of an A grade GCSE student who found the jump to A-levels so big that I did much worse. In fact I've handled all the work fine, but that's what people will think...
GuyUK
Just wondering, I done my A levels, it seems like only A grades is seen as good. Personally, I think a B grade is good, but only if you get one or two A grade in your other subjects. If someone gets 3 B's, then personally, I wouldn't consider that good due to people your competing with at top universities and for job applications with 3 A grades or better.

If I got a B in maths A-level I'd kill myself. Really. If I got a B in, say, history GCSE, I'd be over the ****ing moon.

B isn't a bad grade in itself, but if you're expecting an A, of course you're going to be disappointed. :smile:
^ If i get AAB-my uni grades and the B is in maths....i'm retaking my C4 module in january for definite!-Maths is sposed to be my thing!
i actually loathe B's i hate them with a passion and a C would be the death of me. i know it sounds evil, but this is the strict measures i have on myself, sorry if it has offended anyone. ( despite hating B's i do get them sometimes)
Reply 31
its all relative if i get a B in chemistry i'll be over the moon whereas if i get one in biology i'll be devastated! just because i find chemistry very difficult and biology relatively easy.
Reply 32
coz i got AAB in the jan exams, if the 2 A's turn into B's (which im expecting) ill feel a little bit gutted.

B is still very good though.
A-C is a good grade, though an astonishing amount of people these days are getting As. I've worked really hard in English Language this year and I'm only destined for a C (hopefully), so I don't know what I'm doing wrong!

I'm content with a C. I'd be ecstatic with a B!!!
Reply 34
Of course it depends on the subject but in general I hate getting a B and that really bugs me that I feel that way. I have got a B and lower many times!
Reply 35
For me it depends on the context. For example in Psychology, the exam was quite good for me, I enjoyed doing it. So if I get a B i'm going to be really annoyed with myself because I know I had the potential to get an A on it. The whole paper was an absolute gift because the questions that came up were in my favourite areas, so if I get a B then i've squandered all that.

However if someone else in my class found that exam hard, they may be pleasently surprised with a B.
Reply 36
agreed ^^ Pabs666. Getting a B in 2 of my subject would disappoint me, whereas the other 2 i would be ecstatic!

I know i could have done better in 2 of my subs so whatever the grades are, ill be disappointed with myself.

Because i know that there are 'A' grades available, i do sometimes feel disappointed just because i know i could've gotten them with lots of effort.

In my opinion, a B is a good grade. I normally aim for a C, with anything above that a bonus, though id love to get an A (or more than 1)!!!
A B is an okay grade for the majority of the population, but if one is aiming for the top universities and top echelon of jobs thereafter, a it is a serious hinderance...
Reply 38
I think a B grade is a really good achievement but then again I think it depends on what you are hoping to get and how much work you put in to getting that B.
Reply 39
I'd be happy with a B in my 4th and 5th subjects (Gen Studies and Physics), but I need AAA in my other 3 subjects for my firm uni. I'd be most disappointed if I got a B in English because then I wouldn't get into my English Lit courses at either uni this year, and that would be more the reason for my disappointment, as opposed to becaused I got a B.

Latest