Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hurricane Matthew Watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else watching for updates on Hurricane Matthew?

Its supposed to hit Florida as a Category 4 with mandatory evacuation in most places. A lot of people who own horses and livestock (Junior Rider News and Horrible Horsemanship on Facebook) have painted their numbers or addresses onto their animals/braided info into the manes and tails addresses in preparation of them becoming loose or just having to turn them out to try and save themselves.

Seaworld is closing early and Aquatica is closed all day to day with tie-down across the parks. Universal is monitoring the hurricane but hasn't stated whether its closing fully (outdoor entertainment won't likely be open as with inclement weather) with tie-down happening and Disney is currently slowly shutting the parks with tie-down occurring as they monitor the hurricane too.

ReputationRep:
    100 reported dead in Haiti.

Florida's expecting a direct hit... hope my sister will keep safe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    100 reported dead in Haiti.

Florida's expecting a direct hit... hope my sister will keep safe.
    I have a friend who went out there the beginning of this week and is going on a road trip round Florida. Really hope she's safe.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.