Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

The Legend of Zelda Discussion Thread Watch

ReputationRep:

Here's a thread to discuss everything in the Zelda universe, from Hyrule to Termina here is a place to talk about news about the next game, or get help in past games if you are stuck in a dungeon.

Icebreaker: What is your favourite game in the series, and why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena64)

Here's a thread to discuss everything in the Zelda universe, from Hyrule to Termina here is a place to talk about news about the next game, or get help in past games if you are stuck in a dungeon.

Favourite game would be Wind Waker

Also, the new game looks awesome. Pity I don't own a WiiU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elastichedgehog)
    Favourite game would be Wind Waker

Also, the new game looks awesome. Pity I don't own a WiiU
    Ah, I love Wind Waker too. I can't choose my favorite, I love Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask. And OoT... ugh, too many good games!

I'm so hyped for Breath of the Wild, and I do have a Wii U. But it'll be on NX too, so maybe you can still play it if you are interested in the new NX console. Too bad we don't know much about it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

(...) *Icebreaker: What is your favourite game in the series, and why?
    Zelda - Ocarina of time*

Reasons:

- the best N64 game ever.*
    - the first one in 3D and for N64 it has nice graphics.*
    - Great Soundtracks (Ganon tower, Forest temple, Shadow temple, fire temple, Zora dungeon, Spirit temple...)
    - the variety of surroundings (creepy locations like the well, the cemetry; the fire stages in the vulcano, the water stage at the Zoras, the Hyrule sea....) *
    - the story itself and
    - the time travel by sword.

*Just simply the best I have ever played.*

ReputationRep:
    My favorite has to be Twilight Princess mainly because it was the first one I played (GameCube was my first Nintendo console). That game got me hooked on the series and I ended up playing most of them apart from the GameBoy games. I'm seriously thinking of getting the NX for the new one! Better start saving money

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mohdalmudaifa)
    My favorite has to be Twilight Princess mainly because it was the first one I played (GameCube was my first Nintendo console). That game got me hooked on the series and I ended up playing most of them apart from the GameBoy games. I'm seriously thinking of getting the NX for the new one! Better start saving money *
    Have a different view on it. In the other hand I liked that Links accompaniment was substituted, as the fairy was so annoying sometimes in my favorite Zelda game. In the other hand I have different feelings for Links turnings into a wolfe. Tend rather to dislike it. **
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Ocarina of time is my favourite.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    Ocarina of time is my favourite.
    Nice to see that someone shares my taste. it is just the classic of the Zelda games, and classic does not die out. :yep:**
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Nice to see that someone shares my taste. it is just the classic of the Zelda games, and classic does not die out. :yep:**
    Nice . The classic out of the 3d games, unfortunately I am not old enough to experience the transition form 2d to 3d, that would have been great.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    Nice . The classic out of the 3d games, unfortunately I am not old enough to experience the transition form 2d to 3d, that would have been great.
    I am. A link to the past is for the SNES great. To be exact Ocarina of time is a derivation from this game. It is better than this SNES game nonetheless. It is just that the time travel works better than switching between overworld and underworld.*

ReputationRep:
    My favourite has to be Majoras Mask. No other game has ever evoked such a unique feeling and presence, I love the way the world is built and how it all fits together

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    My favourite has to be Majoras Mask. No other game has ever evoked such a unique feeling and presence, I love the way the world is built and how it all fits together

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is a nice game, I admit. But the fact that the world has to be saved in three days resulted in I am always in a hurry, even if I am playing the melody on ocarina to get back to the first day - and a melody to make time slowlier. A side effect is the losing of items by traveling in time.*

ReputationRep:
    My favourite is a tie between Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time. I cannot wait for Breath of the Wild!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'mJustSomeGuy)
    My favourite is a tie between Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time. I cannot wait for Breath of the Wild!
    In other words: there are some gaming aspects you like in Ocarina of time and some of them which you like in Majoras Mask? sounds like there are things you don't like in both games.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    In other words: there are some gaming aspects you like in Ocarina of time and some of them which you like in Majoras Mask? sounds like there are things you don't like in both games.*
    Nah I like everything about both games so it's hard to determine a favourite

ReputationRep:

Probably Twilight Princess, to be honest. I think it's really just because it's the one that I have played the most :P
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'mJustSomeGuy)
    Nah I like everything about both games so it's hard to determine a favourite
    I see. I admit, both are nice to play. At the end I would tend to ocarina of time, because it is a game where I am not so much in a hurry - in contrast to Majoras Mask.

ReputationRep:
    I literally cannot wait for Breath of The Wild to be released, everything they have shown of it so far looks superb.

As for my favourite game of the series? It has to be Ocarina of Time. Probably partly because it was the first Zelda game I've ever played but I guess that's the impression it left on me, that its a timeless classic that hasn't been bettered so far in my opinion. Despite replaying it a lot I still love every play through of it.

I have a feeling Breath of The Wild may well knock Ocarina of Time off the top spot for me though.

ReputationRep:
    Majoras mask is a really close second for me. I've only played the 3DS version which I read makes the time limit less of a nuisance. It really holds up well even after playing the recent Zeldas

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbo-92)
    (...)
    As for my favourite game of the series? It has to be Ocarina of Time. Probably partly because it was the first Zelda game I've ever played but I guess that's the impression it left on me, that its a timeless classic that hasn't been bettered so far in my opinion. Despite replaying it a lot I still love every play through of it. (...)
    Have the same opinion about the game, although it was not the first one I have played. If I am not mistaken and remember me well, it was Links awakening for the gameboy. Was nice to play, really. Especially I consider it was not a game for a console. Some sections of the game were tricky and tough.

Anyone who has played it too?

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.