Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Invited for a Primark job interview! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just been invited to a job interview after completing an application online for Primark retail assistant. Any tips for clothing and for the interview in general? Really nervous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FF64_)
    Just been invited to a job interview after completing an application online for Primark retail assistant. Any tips for clothing and for the interview in general? Really nervous!
    I actually have several friends who have worked in primark, I for one applied and was offered an interview, but I didn't attend it for personal reasons.

The test they give you essentially denotes your value to them in a way that means much more than most of the interview. If you were offered an interview, you will get the job as long as you're well spoken and preferably not awkward.

Wear nice clothes, for the interview I'd recommend smart casual. Shake the interviewers hand and make sure you have a good breakfast because you may need to think on your feet, daydreaming is no good.

Good luck in the interview, they pay very well especially if you happen to be under 18, which I was at the time. Not the most laborious of jobs either. Let me know if you get it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adamanaguchi)
    I actually have several friends who have worked in primark, I for one applied and was offered an interview, but I didn't attend it for personal reasons.

The test they give you essentially denotes your value to them in a way that means much more than most of the interview. If you were offered an interview, you will get the job as long as you're well spoken and preferably not awkward.

Wear nice clothes, for the interview I'd recommend smart casual. Shake the interviewers hand and make sure you have a good breakfast because you may need to think on your feet, daydreaming is no good.

Good luck in the interview, they pay very well especially if you happen to be under 18, which I was at the time. Not the most laborious of jobs either. Let me know if you get it!
    Thanks a lot mate! Great tips and a bit motivating to know it's not as nervy as people think it is! I hope everything goes well! Will definitely let you know.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.