Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am in my final year of Pharmacy (expected to be minimum 2:1) BUT my dream is to do medicine - obviously I didnt quite get the grades - I got A (Eng Lit) B (Bio) B (Chem) -I just completed my UKCAT and received a score of 613 average (SJT was Band 1) - I am considering applying through UCAS for 2018 entry to Aberdeen, HYMS, UEA, Bristol and Southampton - I am aware that I can only apply to 4 of these but in view o fmy low UKCAT score I am unsure which one to knock out - please advise.

ReputationRep:
    If your applying to 2018 entry your UKCAT wont count, you'll need to do it again for the next cycle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopelessMedic)
    If your applying to 2018 entry your UKCAT wont count, you'll need to do it again for the next cycle.
    Thank you for the response - however my original post /query stands on the assumption, I get a similarly low score which uni should I knock out from the list

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homewise)
    Thank you for the response - however my original post /query stands on the assumption, I get a similarly low score which uni should I knock out from the list
    Ah ok. I wouldn't rule out getting a higher score though, if you spend a couple of months practising hard you could easily do better, which you will need to do as your applying for GEM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homewise)
    I am in my final year of Pharmacy (expected to be minimum 2:1) BUT my dream is to do medicine - obviously I didnt quite get the grades - I got A (Eng Lit) B (Bio) B (Chem) -I just completed my UKCAT and received a score of 613 average (SJT was Band 1) - I am considering applying through UCAS for 2018 entry to Aberdeen, HYMS, UEA, Bristol and Southampton - I am aware that I can only apply to 4 of these but in view o fmy low UKCAT score I am unsure which one to knock out - please advise.
    IF you get the same score and IF none of these Unis have changed their admission criteria and IF you are sure you would not look at any others that may fit your stats better, then Southampton is the one to lose, as that is the most UKCAT heavy, and ranks purely on UKCAT score, with a cut off considerably above what you have. That is a lot of IFs, and this whole thing would need revisiting next year when you have your actual results available

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.