Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Friend makes fun of me b/c I'm weak? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Its not fair. I'm small and frail and she's average size and goes kickboxing. She'll often ask me to fight her. I say no b/c I know she'd kick my butt. Then she'll laugh at me call me a wimp. My bf is pretty protective over me and b/c he beat me in a hand wrestle she said I was a wuss. She says he's only protective over me b/c im weak. Then she decided to take me to gym one day and she made fun of me again b/c I couldn't even do a push up and there she was doing like 20.

I'm sick of it. I'm scared to confront her incase she whups my butt.

One person's feelings won't change who you are and what you can do. Just pretend she doesn't exist.
    I faced a similar situation at school when a guy weaker than me wanted me to fight him. He thought I was scared; I wasn't. I didn't want to harm him. That's all. Just ignore her.. She doesn't need to be your friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just_a_person)
    Its not fair. I'm small and frail and she's average size and goes kickboxing. She'll often ask me to fight her. I say no b/c I know she'd kick my butt. Then she'll laugh at me call me a wimp. My bf is pretty protective over me and b/c he beat me in a hand wrestle she said I was a wuss. She says he's only protective over me b/c im weak. Then she decided to take me to gym one day and she made fun of me again b/c I couldn't even do a push up and there she was doing like 20.

Why are you friends with someone who is so rude? Tell her how you feel and how her comments are affecting you; she might just think she's having a laugh. If she carries on stop hanging around with her

ReputationRep:
    Sounds as though she has lots of problems of her own if she is constantly needing to 'prove herself' by bullying you. Maybe she does this kick boxing thing because she can't be successful elsewhere / in her studies / personal relationships? It may be that she has been bullied herself and is repeating the syndrome. She probably needs reassurance that she has value as a person. She urgently needs counselling.

Just don't have anything to do with her anymore. Why put yourself in a position where she can threaten you. Is she just not very bright? It doesn't sound as if she has thought this through. It's hardly the way to make /keep friends by insulting them and threatening them.

If she attacks you , you call the police and she may get a conviction for ABH. It may well ruin her future career prospects.

ReputationRep:
    That does not sound like a friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just_a_person)

She sounds like one of those people who talk a big game and can't really fight. There was a girl in my school who also did kickboxing and thought she was a prodigy and during a PE session we were doing take downs, she got destroyed of another girl who had no fighting experience whatsoever. Literally the other girl with no effort at all just sweeped her. I don't know if she's actually good at fighting or not but most people who are are usually modest about it and don't go picking fights. Speak to her about how annoying she is and if you're not comfortable doing it then ask your bf to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.