Chess Player calls for Boycott of Iranian Tournament over Womens Rights

Watch this thread
FriendlyPenguin
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
chazwomaq
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
"Nazi chess player". :rofl3:

I wonder if she minds her name.
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
This is the first time I've agreed with a Nazi.
username1539513
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
10/10 clickbait title :laugh:
Good bloke
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
The Iranian wowsers are upsetting footballers too:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...ld-cup-8989163

This, astonishingly, is over mourning the death of Mohammed's grandson who died in 680AD at the battle of Karbala! Imagine having to publicly mourn the death of Caedwalla of Wessex, who reigned at about the same time.
Josb
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
It's surprising that there is a chess championship for women and that it is considered a "sport".

However, I'm not surprised by that:
"Since talking about her plans to boycott the event, Nazi has faced criticism claiming that she doesn't understand Islamic culture and Iranian society." :facepalm:
Willy Pete
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Unless it is Chess Boxing it doesn't count as a sport. And yes, Chess Boxing is an actual sport.

Spoiler:
Show
AlexanderHam
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
The Iranian wowsers are upsetting footballers too
Ten points for using the word wowsers. Is there anyone under the age of about 90 (other than you and me, obviously) who would know that word? Or has it made a resurgence in some regional area?
caravaggio2
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Any minute now hoards of TSR feminists will be along to support Nazi and condemn this pratice.......honestly.......
Orbital Rising
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I did Nazi that coming.
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
"Nazi has been accused of not understanding Islamic culture or Iranian society."

Oh I think she perfectly understands it and sees how vile it is. and just becaue it is culture does not mean it cannot be bad. If we kept to all culture we would be still sacrificing animals to the gods and settling matters with a good Fight
caravaggio2
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Im telling you....any minute now....hoards of em........honestly.......They wouldn't ignore it and throw Nazi under the bus.
KimKallstrom
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by caravaggio2)
Any minute now hoards of TSR feminists will be along to support Nazi and condemn this pratice.......honestly.......
Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 91
Size:  5.9 KB
KimKallstrom
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
"Nazi has been accused of not understanding Islamic culture or Iranian society."

Oh I think she perfectly understands it and sees how vile it is. and just becaue it is culture does not mean it cannot be bad. If we kept to all culture we would be still sacrificing animals to the gods and settling matters with a good Fight
Preceisely.*

You's gots to respect other cultures innit. All cultures are of equal worth. Even though some people cut off albino peoples' limbs for magic medicine and sacrifice people to sun gods. *
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.38%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.03%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.35%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (24)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (35)
25.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
19.85%

Watched Threads