Turn on thread page Beta

Writing .... Poetry/Prose etc watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I know this is my third thread of the night but what the heck!

Just wondering if anyone here has or does write poetry or any prose in their spare time?

If so where do you draw inspiration from and such-like?

I did when i was about 10, and then i stopped because i lost my inspiration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanW)
    I know this is my third thread of the night but what the heck!

Just wondering if anyone here has or does write poetry or any prose in their spare time?

If so where do you draw inspiration from and such-like?

No i'm not going to tell you to do a search .

I used to write poetry but i much prefer to write short stories. When i do write poetry my inspiration comes from my mess of a life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I did when i was about 10, and then i stopped because i lost my inspiration.
    Same

(Original post by dinkymints)
    Same
    lol, what inspired you in the good old days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    No i'm not going to tell you to do a search .

I used to write poetry but i much prefer to write short stories. When i do write poetry my inspiration comes from my mess of a life
    Go on .... has it been done? Hit me with it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanW)
    Go on .... has it been done? Hit me with it lol

To be honest i have no idea. I only knew about the other one because i saw it a few days ago . Anyway people are posting on this now so it doesn't matter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    lol, what inspired you in the good old days?
    dunno actually :confused:, you?

In year 3 my teacher kept my Creative Writing book to show the next year. She never gave it back. It was traumatic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dinkymints)
    dunno actually :confused:, you?

In year 3 my teacher kept my Creative Writing book to show the next year. She never gave it back. It was traumatic
    lol in my school they stapled your work to the wall display and you would be so proud!

Then of course when sumone wrote sumthing better then u it was stapled over! lmao. they took them all down eventually after even the industrial staples couldn't fit through the paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rex Mundi)
    lol in my school they stapled your work to the wall display and you would be so proud!

Then of course when sumone wrote sumthing better then u it was stapled over! lmao. they took them all down eventually after even the industrial staples couldn't fit through the paper.
    lol! They also took a painting I did to hang in some corridor somewhere. Didn't give that back either
    Then the nightmare was relived a few years ago when they threw away my art project without asking if I wanted it :rolleyes:
    Honestly, don't they know that these things can upset upsettable young children?! :rolleyes:

*edit* Why am I such a threadkiller?

ReputationRep:
    I use to write poetry..... stopped cuz of the a level exams...... and then had to travel.... so im still on a break.....lol....... might start again when i get back home.... (in a couple of days..)

ReputationRep:
    I write I'm a poet.. recently got into the habit again after a few years of non-inspiration (too happy or busy, lol). Now I draw it from anywhere- I always get little lines in my head which turn into fully-fledged poems. It's always stuff from my life that inspires me to write, such as people at my job :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    I write I'm a poet.. recently got into the habit again after a few years of non-inspiration (too happy or busy, lol). Now I draw it from anywhere- I always get little lines in my head which turn into fully-fledged poems. It's always stuff from my life that inspires me to write, such as people at my job :eek:
    lucky... i get inspired once in a blue moon.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [_Z_])
    lucky... i get inspired once in a blue moon.......
    That's what I used to be like! But believe me, once you push through the mindset of thinking that all writing needs to be inspired, inspiration just pops up out of nowhere.

However, I may be talking crap, because I had waaay too much to drink last night. It's my right as an artist

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.