Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Nursing Course Sep 2017?

ReputationRep:
    Hello there,
    This December i am sending of my UCAS statment to different universitys to see if i can get accepted on to a nursing course. I am just curious about the NHS bursary fund as i have heard it is stopping on the 1st of august 2017 and i wont be starting university till September 2017. So i wondering if i had got accepted before the 1st of august 2017 would it be possible to get bursary fund. I am just confused on how it all works i only heard about the NHS bursary stopping today.
    Many thanks
    Bessy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bessy3)
    Hello there,
    This December i am sending of my UCAS statment to different universitys to see if i can get accepted on to a nursing course. I am just curious about the NHS bursary fund as i have heard it is stopping on the 1st of august 2017 and i wont be starting university till September 2017. So i wondering if i had got accepted before the 1st of august 2017 would it be possible to get bursary fund. I am just confused on how it all works i only heard about the NHS bursary stopping today.
    Many thanks
    Bessy
    I've moved your thread into the Nursing and Midwifery area.*

The bursary cut-off is not to do with when you get accepted onto a course, but when your course actually starts, so no, you won't be eligible for the bursary if your course starts after 1st August 2017. *

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.