Numeracy for Nursing

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What topics can I expect to come up in numeracy tests? I am only applying to three Universities that are relatively close to me and I was only able to find one sample paper for one of my Uni's.
    If anyone has been to any of KCL's, Surrey's or Greenwich Universities Selection Days, please elaborate and HELP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nursey_nurse)
    What topics can I expect to come up in numeracy tests? I am only applying to three Universities that are relatively close to me and I was only able to find one sample paper for one of my Uni's.
    If anyone has been to any of KCL's, Surrey's or Greenwich Universities Selection Days, please elaborate and HELP.
    Moved to the Nursing and Midwifery area

Please remember that the discussion of specific interview questions and test details is not allowed on TSR as it gives candidates an unfair advantage and affects the integrity of admissions procedures. *

Generally you will be tested on your multiplication, addition, subtraction and division. You are also likely to be tested on fractions, ratios, decimals and percentages. Conversion between different units of measurement may also be included. The tests are usually not very long and not very difficult, certainly not above GCSE level, and probably a lot easier. *

ReputationRep:
    The maths and English tests when applying are certainly easier than gcse's. They're there to see how you can perform.
    A lot of people worry and dislike them but ultimately if you want to be a Nurse, your math and English have to be to a competent safe level as the difference in a decimal point place has killed people before and bad English and note taking has also resulted in miscommunication and things being missed and care being sub standard.
    Don't worry about them, as the above poster said, the tests will cover a variant of things but are easy enough to complete!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My mind is put at rest, thank you x

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.