UCAS application for starting in 2nd year

    • Thread Starter

    I have just started a zoology degree and I love the course but am struggling with living away from home a lot more than I had expected. I am considering applying to a uni that I could live at home for with a view to starting in the second year if I can stay here for the whole year.
    My question is how do I write a personal statement for transferring university? Do I write the same as I did last year or put about being home sick and stuff?
    I'm not sure yet wether I will transfer or not, I'm trying to stay to give it a proper go, so is it worth sticking in an application just in case?


    This thread should help you
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Which is the best season?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.