Atheists: Please just tell me what created The Big Bang.

ReputationRep:
    zzz yet to receive an answer

ReputationRep:
    when your God went into your Goddess(the Gods wife) (if you know what I mean.) , it created a big bang.

ReputationRep:
    One could just as easily counter the question with 'Who created/is responsible for God?'.

Your arrogance suggests that you've made this merely to have a reaction and not to stimulate conversation.

Distasteful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KINGYusuf)
    zzz yet to receive an answer
    A fool can ask more questions than a wise man can answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conceited)
    One could just as easily counter the question with 'Who created/is responsible for God?'.

Your arrogance suggests that you've made this merely to have a reaction and not to stimulate conversation.

Distasteful.
    Nope. God has no beginning nor end. Nice try.

ReputationRep:
    no one knows??? it could be religious or it could be something else. atheists don't have the 100% true answer and neither do you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    allow him bruv
    Just because someone can be an idiot, doesn't mean they should be one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Just because someone can be an idiot, doesn't mean they should be one.
    aha im just playing around

ReputationRep:
    dw fam ya'll keep believing your
    1 in 10 to the power of 10 to the power of 123 chance LOOOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conceited)
    Okay.
    1 in 10 to the power of 10 to the power of 123 chance hahahaha funny lol

ReputationRep:
    1 in 10 to the power of 10 to the power of 123 chance hahahaha funny lol
    TW

ReputationRep:
    Nobody knows.We don't have the answer.And we dont claim to unlike religous people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robby2312)
    Nobody knows.We don't have the answer.And we dont claim to unlike religous people.
    Yes you do? Atheists claim to be the intelligent group and make fun of religious people loool

ReputationRep:
    Religious people: Please just tell me why you find it perfectly acceptable to call your God infinite/eternal (whatever floats your boat) but when that claim is made about the universe itself (which could easily just be a 'cycle') suddenly you have a problem.

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly why I'm agnostic. If you ask an atheist this question, they can't answer it. On the other hand, ask a religious person how god came about, they can't really answer you either.

ReputationRep:
    The Big Bang "has no beginning nor end".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Religious people: Please just tell me why you find it perfectly acceptable to call your God infinite/eternal (whatever floats your boat) but when that claim is made about the universe itself (which could easily just be a 'cycle') suddenly you have a problem.
    Religious people: Please tell why an infinitely complex entity which has created the entire universe focuses so much on one species that it creates an elaborate set of believes/practices for us to follow and demands our constant worship/admiration, that if we carry out during a during our adult life of around 40-60 years we are rewarded with eternity in a fanciful place of perfection and if we fail we're damned to an eternity in a negative afterlife potentially suffering physical/emotional trauma.

Nah don't worry about it really. I don't.

ReputationRep:
    dw fam ya'll keep believing your
    1 in 10 to the power of 10 to the power of 123 chance LOOOL
    So it's not alright to have an incredibly low chance of something but it is alright to have something apparently infinite?

Because if you can believe in the concept of an infinite then no matter how small the chance is you have to acknowledge that at some point it will occur. For all we know the universe could have existed for an unimaginably long time before the big bang happened.

Or to put it another way, if you flip a coin what are the chances that it lands perfectly on it's side, standing up? So no heads and no tails. You probably think that is super unlikely and you'd be right. Do you think it could never happen though?

It really doesn't matter which religion you pick. Basing your ideas on an incredibly small chance makes much more sense than basing it on a book which may be nothing more than fiction. I could quite easily write a book now, pass it off as a religious text and have people worshiping me in a few hundred years. Doesn't mean what I say is either right or proves any sort of god.

Poor troll is poor, but nice try.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    So it's not alright to have an incredibly low chance of something but it is alright to have something apparently infinite?

Because if you can believe in the concept of an infinite then no matter how small the chance is you have to acknowledge that at some point it will occur. For all we know the universe could have existed for an unimaginably long time before the big bang happened.

Or to put it another way, if you flip a coin what are the chances that it lands perfectly on it's side, standing up? So no heads and no tails. You probably think that is super unlikely and you'd be right. Do you think it could never happen though?

It really doesn't matter which religion you pick. Basing your ideas on an incredibly small chance makes much more sense than basing it on a book which may be nothing more than fiction. I could quite easily write a book now, pass it off as a religious text and have people worshiping me in a few hundred years. Doesn't mean what I say is either right or proves any sort of god.

Poor troll is poor, but nice try.
    You're writing all these paragraphs yet you've failed to even answer the question lol.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you do? Atheists claim to be the intelligent group and make fun of religious people loool
    No we dont.The big bang is merely a description of what happened.We know that the universe is expanding so at some point in the past it must have been a lot smaller.It says nothing about how the universe came about.That is unknown.Religion on the other hand postulates a supernatural being that magically wished the universe into existence.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you ever go to a non Russell Group uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.