Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

What degree and where?

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,
    So I'm really interested in investment banking and its something I would love to go into. I'm taking Physics, Maths and Chemistry at A Level, and I've been predicted AA*A respectively, but looking at courses I'm not sure which would be the most ideal to go into investment banking with. I'm looking potentially at Econ, Physics and Chemistry at possibly UCL, LSE or Bristol. However I'd love some input as to what would be the best most helpful degree for me to take, and where are the best possible places I can go with my grades which would further my goal of going into investment banking?
    Thanks for taking the time

ReputationRep:
    The degree doesn't matter but try to go to the best university you can get into

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    The degree doesn't matter but try to go to the best university you can get into
    With my predicted grades of A*AA what target universities do you think I could realistically get offers from?
    Also is it an advantage to do an Economics degree instead of a science degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james0902)
    With my predicted grades of A*AA what target universities do you think I could realistically get offers from?
    Also is it an advantage to do an Economics degree instead of a science degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No it's not an advantage. You could apply to any of the target universities. It depends on what course you want to apply to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    No it's not an advantage. You could apply to any of the target universities. It depends on what course you want to apply to.
    Do you mean to say if I applied for Physics at Oxford I'd stand a chance with my grades? (I only got 6A*s 4As and 2Bs at gcse)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james0902)
    Do you mean to say if I applied for Physics at Oxford I'd stand a chance with my grades? (I only got 6A*s 4As and 2Bs at gcse)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You'll have a chance, not a great chance but a chance.

ReputationRep:
    maths at cambridge

ReputationRep:
    Arts at new bucks uni

ReputationRep:
    Gender & Sexuality Studies at Bard College

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would say economics at Oxbridge or LSE

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.