Starmock99
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I got predicted AAB, B in maths. The course I want to apply to requires an A in maths which means I probably won't get in. Currently my personal statement is solely in economics as the other places I am applying to I'm gonna be doing Economics and Finance. The course that requires an A in maths is Mechanical Engineering with Business Finance. SO do I change my personal statement or leave it as it is and apply regardless? PEASE HELP URGENT
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Starmock99)
I got predicted AAB, B in maths. The course I want to apply to requires an A in maths which means I probably won't get in. Currently my personal statement is solely in economics as the other places I am applying to I'm gonna be doing Economics and Finance. The course that requires an A in maths is Mechanical Engineering with Business Finance. SO do I change my personal statement or leave it as it is and apply regardless? PEASE HELP URGENT
You're applying to 4 Economics choices and 1 MechEng with Business choice yes?

And the Mech Eng choice asks for an A in maths?

Have you spoken to your maths teacher about your prediction for maths? Asked what improvements they would expect to see by Christmas to increase your prediction to an A?

Do you believe you're capable of getting an A in maths?

Do you want to study Mech Eng or Economics? Applying for both isn't a great idea.

Why is this urgent? The deadline for applying is January - and pressure from your school is to help them write your reference.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (705)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (888)
42.71%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads