Healthy vegetarian snack ideas

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Please could you guys recommend some healthy vegetarian snack ideas that I could take to work please? I seem to be finishing work feeling so hungry and worn out x
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Fruit, nuts, low fat cheese (feta, soft cheese but unsure if they're veggie) with crackers, carrot/celery sticks with hummus or another veggie dip. I make a salad with leaves, tomatoes, feta, olives and tuna.

ReputationRep:
    you can make yourself some vegi pizza bites, cheese panne, fruit salads, salads, mini burrito (vegi) ...so many things!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Fruit, nuts, low fat cheese (feta, soft cheese but unsure if they're veggie) with crackers, carrot/celery sticks with hummus or another veggie dip. I make a salad with leaves, tomatoes, feta, olives and tuna.
    Tuna isn't vegetarian!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myblueheaven339)
    Tuna isn't vegetarian!
    Maybe the poster is pescatarian. I was for a year due to a vegetarian diet & supplements completely failing to be enough to keep me healthy.

Cold pasta with Tesco Finest French Salad Vinaigrette (link) is one of my favourite things to have in a packed lunch. It's filling at the time, but is light enough that you'll still feel hungry again later in the day. Although need to keep the sauce separate until it's time to eat, otherwise it just dries out. Also, for the most simple potato salad ever, chopped baby new potatoes with mayonnaise. Tastes better than anything you can buy pre-made IMO. :heart:

If you don't mind putting in a little more prep time, get hold of some sticky rice (I buy Nishiki rice in 1kg bags for around £3.50 online from the Japan Centre - but can be purchased elsewhere) and prepare rice balls filled with veggies - I prefer cucumber and spring onions. For a bit more flavour I sometimes use rice seasonings as well.

Also, if you're looking at something more for picking at I've a habit of sucking on silverskin onions. They're delicious.

ReputationRep:
    White chocolate cranberries

Monkey nuts

Chocolate raisins

Low effort... Can be bought by the pack. Simple snacks to keep you going & boost energy

ReputationRep:
    Clif bars

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myblueheaven339)
    Tuna isn't vegetarian!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I said that's what I eat. The OP can work out what to pick from that list depending on their dietary requirements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    I said that's what I eat. The OP can work out what to pick from that list depending on their dietary requirements.
    Ah I see what you mean, I read it as you were suggesting it as a vegetarian meal idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone :yep: x

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.