Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got an A in Psychology but my grades are not consistent... with a B in English and a C in Theatre Studies. Most unis look for consistent grades across their entry requirements - will any 'good' unis take my A for what it is and offer me a place, or am I stunted because of my B and C?

Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    Ofc they will ! Don't forget that teachers also write references and predict high grades. I know a few people who got BBC at AS and end up in Warwick/Edinburgh and equivalent after taken their A2 exams.. They were all predicted a grade higher , plus, its theatre studies.. It's not the most academic, more practicle, so universities won't really care about it that much. If it was something like Maths, than that is different.

ReputationRep:
    If you get predicted AAB or higher then you should be fine
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prostheticzeta)
    Ofc they will ! Don't forget that teachers also write references and predict high grades. I know a few people who got BBC at AS and end up in Warwick/Edinburgh and equivalent after taken their A2 exams.. They were all predicted a grade higher , plus, its theatre studies.. It's not the most academic, more practicle, so universities won't really care about it that much. If it was something like Maths, than that is different.
    This is bad advice.

Predicted grades mean very little as they can be inflated easily.

And to answer OP's question, depends on which universities you are applying to and their grade requirements. If it was your fourth A-level/AS that you got B/C in then fine, but as it's not don't expect to get into AAA/AAB unis with those grades. Sorry to be a down kill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    This is bad advice.

Predicted grades mean very little as they can be inflated easily.

And to answer OP's question, depends on which universities you are applying to and their grade requirements. If it was your fourth A-level/AS that you got B/C in then fine, but as it's not don't expect to get into AAA/AAB unis with those grades. Sorry to be a down kill.
    They also look at your GCSE's for indication, there have been a lot of cases where students with ABC have gone to great unis. They may not be Top top, but Sheffield or something wouldn't care that much

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.