I am ashamed of who I am

I am only a ******* born out of wedlock I hate who I am I am ashamed of who I am I didn't achieve anything I am not proud of anything that I did.I am not very intelligent I am only a stupid and worthless.I was born in a single parent house hold I have a step father who I love but I doubt he loves me he says he does but I don't think anyone can or will love me I see no reason.I don't know what to write on my person statement I am questioning whether I even should apply to sixth form I used to want to became this doctor and I was ambitious but now I don't see the future I don't see the point anymore I am not good enough.I feel sad over the past couple days and just wanted to get things off my chest.I feel just sad and hollow.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I am only a ******* born out of wedlock I hate who I am I am ashamed of who I am I didn't achieve anything I am not proud of anything that I did.I am not very intelligent I am only a stupid and worthless.I was born in a single parent house hold I have a step father who I love but I doubt he loves me he says he does but I don't think anyone can or will love me I see no reason.I don't know what to write on my person statement I am questioning whether I even should apply to sixth form I used to want to became this doctor and I was ambitious but now I don't see the future I don't see the point anymore I am not good enough.I feel sad over the past couple days and just wanted to get things off my chest.I feel just sad and hollow.
    Nice try, but the law on *******ry was changed before you were born.

ReputationRep:
    you must learn to focus on the positive aspects of your life.

ReputationRep:
    I was raised by a single parent too, albeit without a step-dad. My actual dad was scum, knowing I'm half-scum made me hate myself too for a long time. Now I'm focused on surpassing not only my low self-expectations but proving that I can be a good enough person to deserve happiness. That attitude has led me to achieve things, maybe it could work for you as well.

ReputationRep:
    aww man
    stay strong and prove to any assh*le who calls you "worthless" or "*******" that you're not who they expect you to be; you're way more than that
    don't let your past or anything else pull you down
    get into sixth form and work to be a doctor so that you don't have regrets later on
    trust me, you will be loved
    whether it's romantic love, friendship-love, motherly love, hell any type of love ((why am I reminded of Shakespeare rn?!))
    but yh, stay strong, be the type of person who when people look at you, it's not a look of pity or disgust but a look of admiration
    ((and now i feel like tumblr...what is life xD))
    i hope this helped
    if you need something to talk to you can pm me anytime

ReputationRep:
    This thread gives me too many feels. Abort, abort!

Spoiler:
    Show
    more seriously though, talk to a therapist, it's common to feel like that

ReputationRep:
    Some help would be good. Talk to your mom or friends.

Professional help is good.

I know a guy who didn't grow up with his dad. he's real successful. you can do it to, just focus and put good effort into it.

Volunteer at a charity or help someone you know. this can help you.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like a lot of these feelings you have are probably steming from an underlying mental health issue of some sort. I would suggest you take a look at Mind.org for info and see a doctor. Therapy could really help you improve your self-image and general state of mind. You say that you used to be ambitious and have a goal of becoming a doctor. That ambition is still there but it's being hidden by loads of negative feelings and emotions. It's really common for people around your age to have issues like this.

Go see your doctor and tell them this. They can help you to feel whole again.

As far as applying to sixth form goes, talk to a teacher at your school for guidance. Your school should also have a free counseling service of some sort you can access. They could help you in the short term.

It is no fault of yours the situation surrounding your birth and is not an indicator of you as a person. I am sure that your stepfather loves you far more than you think. All of these feelings are just your muddled brain making things up.

You are not in a good place and need professional help. Go and talk to your GP with the view to seeing a therapist. You sound as though you could have depression and really low self esteem.

ReputationRep:
    Hey OP, I was born out of wedlock to a single mother too, but I got good GCSE grades, two secondary school awards, decent a-level results and was on an integrated masters course in chemistry until recently. I got A*'s in some of my a-level units and over 70% on many of my first year chemistry lab reports It doesn't mean anything to be born out of wedlock these days. You can probably do it if you put your mind to it although as others say I think you might need counselling or other therapy with your mindset

ReputationRep:
    get some help see a counsellor at school but being born out of wedlock is literally a non issue we are not living in victorian times or whenever that sort of thing was frowned upon if anything nowadays people are likely to be more sympathetic to you than to someone who was born into the perfect family bar some completely bigoted and uneducated people whom noone needs to concern themselves with anyway!

OMG, this is so relatable bar living with a single parent.

What i suggest is focusing on the positive aspects of your life, this is what helped me.

Also knowing that i am my own limitation helped me understand that i can do anything if i try.

You can to, never give up because hard work(in whatever) ALWAYS will bring profit in whatever shape or form

Oh I just realised who it is. Go and see your GP or call childline 0800 1111.

Forgot to add, take a look at something called CAMHS

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if troll or not...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The illegitimate are by a long way humanity's most distinguished group of people.

It isn't your fault that you were born out of wedlock. Don't hate yourself for that. I am sure that you are an amazing person and don't ever let anybody tell you otherwise. Don't ever feel like you're worthless because you're not. Every living thing has a purpose and yours is to live and be happy. If you still feel upset talk to someone, your mum or someone you can trust. Go to that sixth form and live your dream. You are amazing just the way you are!

It isn't your fault that you were born out of wedlock. Don't hate yourself for that. I am sure that you are an amazing person and don't ever let anybody tell you otherwise. Don't ever feel like you're worthless because you're not. Every living thing has a purpose and yours is to live and be happy. If you still feel upset talk to someone, your mum or someone you can trust. Go to that sixth form and live your dream. You are amazing just the way you are!
    Thank you guys I feel a lot better now I can do it.

Thank you guys I feel a lot better now I can do it.
    Go and see your GP or contact Childline or speak to your mum , like we told you last time and the times before.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you ever go to a non Russell Group uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.