Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

UCAS Track error

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

So I've submitted my application with only one choice (in order to meet a deadline). I paid the £12 fee for only one initial choice.

I have tried to add more on track, but every time I attempt to do so, I see this message:

Track has encountered an error. Please contact UCAS

Has anyone had experience with this/know what I need to do in order to add more choices?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cdmcdm)
    Please contact UCAS
    You've answered your own question.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

So I've submitted my application with only one choice (in order to meet a deadline). I paid the £12 fee for only one initial choice.

I have tried to add more on track, but every time I attempt to do so, I see this message:

Track has encountered an error. Please contact UCAS

Has anyone had experience with this/know what I need to do in order to add more choices?

Thanks!
    I'm pretty sure you need to pay the full £24 to add more, so that's maybe something otherwise just contact UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xphoenix)
    I'm pretty sure you need to pay the full £24 to add more, so that's maybe something otherwise just contact UCAS.
    Yeah, I read that it'll be a simple case of paying the additional £11 on top of the £13 paid already, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I read that it'll be a simple case of paying the additional £11 on top of the £13 paid already, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do it.
    Yes you're right. I can't you help you out with that since I paid the full £24. I can't even go on track yet as my application hasn't been sent by the school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xphoenix)
    Yes you're right. I can't you help you out with that since I paid the full £24. I can't even go on track yet as my application hasn't been sent by the school.
    Some Facebook stalking of the UCAS page sorted out my question, somebody else had a similar problem, and the UCAS page replied:

'You can add additional choices to your application when the application has been sent to us after the 15 October deadline.'

Hope that helps if anyone else had/has the same issue.

Best of luck with your application! If you don't mind me asking, what are you applying for and where?

ReputationRep:
    You can do it over the phone with UCAS (both the paying and adding additional choices).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    You can do it over the phone with UCAS (both the paying and adding additional choices).
    Thanks, I'll probably just wait until the deadline has passed and I can do it online. Gives me more time to think!

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.