Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if medical schools accept candidates with just three A levels?
    Originally I took 4 alevels (Biology,Chemistry,Spanish and English Lit) however following the advice of my school I dropped English Lit within the first week as we were not doing a 1 year AS course. My school does not let anyone do 4 alevels in year 13 and, as I know which course I wish to study at uni, I would have done a year of english with nothing to show for it, if that makes sense?
    Now as I do further research into applying for university I can't find any universities that would accept a candidate with only 3 a levels and am so so worried i have blown y chances of ever getting a place at uni to study medicine.
    Ps. I have done a lo of work experience in special schools, care homes and hospitals also at GCSE i got 9As and 1A*

ReputationRep:
    Ucl only needs 3 alevels

ReputationRep:
    If your college gives you a written letter stating 4 A Levels simply wasn't an option, you will not be disadvantaged, it does say this on the entry requirement page but it is a bit hidden. You'll be fine and I hope you do get into medicine!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.