The Student Room Group

University Applicant 2017 - Reference and school sending it off

Hello. My name is Sabitha, and I am from the UK. I completed my ucas application, paid for it (£24) and sent it off yesterday to my school, as I am applying through my sixth form.I want to study law. I have asked my head teacher, who has told me the school has got my application, but they need to wait for my form tutor who is my referee to complete the reference before they can send it off.

I asked my form tutor, who told me, that there was plenty of time before the ucas applications would be sent off. Though our school deadline to send our ucas application is in four weeks. Though, I don't want to constantly nag my form tutor, I really want her to write my reference so that my school can send it off, so that I can finally get some offers. I see loads of people on the student room, already sending off their applications, and I can't help but feel like my school should really look at applicants who have submitted their applications. I know I'm not the only one in the school, but I feel like my school will be waiting for the October half term, before thinking about reference. So that by the time the reference is completed and sent to ucas it would probably be around November/December or perhaps even the january 15 deadline.

One of the main reasons, why I want my reference done quickly, is because my form tutor, who is my referee will need to write the reference, or around 12 people, and I don't want her writing my reference last, since I was the first person in my form group to send my application.

I can't help but worry that my school will never write my reference until the January deadline, since I'm afraid I won't get any offers, plus I really want my referee to write my reference so that my school can finally send it off.

Plus, I feel like the school just care about sending off the October deadline people, I do understand that their deadline is much closer and coming up. But, I feel like my school are just ignoring the applicants who are applying for the January deadline.
I m afraid you re at your schools mercy on this,hopefully you ll be at the top of the list once the October deadline people are done.
Reply 2
Original post by SabithaK
Hello. My name is Sabitha, and I am from the UK. I completed my ucas application, paid for it (£24) and sent it off yesterday to my school, as I am applying through my sixth form.I want to study law. I have asked my head teacher, who has told me the school has got my application, but they need to wait for my form tutor who is my referee to complete the reference before they can send it off.

I asked my form tutor, who told me, that there was plenty of time before the ucas applications would be sent off. Though our school deadline to send our ucas application is in four weeks. Though, I don't want to constantly nag my form tutor, I really want her to write my reference so that my school can send it off, so that I can finally get some offers. I see loads of people on the student room, already sending off their applications, and I can't help but feel like my school should really look at applicants who have submitted their applications. I know I'm not the only one in the school, but I feel like my school will be waiting for the October half term, before thinking about reference. So that by the time the reference is completed and sent to ucas it would probably be around November/December or perhaps even the january 15 deadline.

One of the main reasons, why I want my reference done quickly, is because my form tutor, who is my referee will need to write the reference, or around 12 people, and I don't want her writing my reference last, since I was the first person in my form group to send my application.

I can't help but worry that my school will never write my reference until the January deadline, since I'm afraid I won't get any offers, plus I really want my referee to write my reference so that my school can finally send it off.

Plus, I feel like the school just care about sending off the October deadline people, I do understand that their deadline is much closer and coming up. But, I feel like my school are just ignoring the applicants who are applying for the January deadline.

So long as it is sent by the 15th January your application will receive equal consideration by your universities along with all the other applications. There's no priority to given to those sending early, and no disadvantage to those sending later.
Reply 3
Original post by jneill
So long as it is sent by the 15th January your application will receive equal consideration by your universities along with all the other applications. There's no priority to given to those sending early, and no disadvantage to those sending later.

I understand that, but i can't help but want my reference completed and my application sent off, especially seeing people on the student room and in real life, and from other.schools getting offers.
Reply 4
Original post by SabithaK
I understand that, but i can't help but want my reference completed and my application sent off, especially seeing people on the student room and in real life, and from other.schools getting offers.

And what about all the others who haven't? Most people don't send it until much later, and offers can arrive at any time until March (or later...).

Relax. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by jneill
And what about all the others who haven't? Most people don't send it until much later, and offers can arrive at any time until March (or later...).

Relax. :smile:

Sorry i don't mean to worry or annoy. Just wish that schools woukd complrte the reference and send off those applicants who are finished and waiting for their school to complete their reference and send off the applications to ucas.
Reply 6
Hi,
I had a similar problem when trying to send my UCAS off when I was at school! My form tutor was writing a reference for myself and a few other students, however, she kept forgetting to do mine! I had to keep asking her to do! My advice would be too keep asking / reminding her of the reference in a polite manner, you could also ask another teacher to write it for you :smile: It will get written though so try not to worry too much and good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest