The Student Room Group

Geography 2017 - Applicants Thread

Geography
2017 Applicants Thread

Welcome to the 2017 Geography Applicants Thread! This is a discussion thread for those of you applying to Geography courses for 2017 Entry.

You may want to leave your details here using the following format:

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
anyone got any offers yet?
I'm applying to UCL/KCL/Manchester (UNSURE ABOUT THE OTHERS), and my predictions are AAB. Am I being too optimistic?
Hi! I've sent off my application for BA Geography at Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool and Cardiff (BSc Human Geography). No offers yet but fingers crossed...

UPDATE: Got an offer from Leeds today!!
Now have Liverpool and Cardiff as well 😊
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DaisyLover15
I'm applying to UCL/KCL/Manchester (UNSURE ABOUT THE OTHERS), and my predictions are AAB. Am I being too optimistic?

I'm not sure about the London ones, but Manchester say their standard offer is AAB, and I've talked to their admissions people who told me that so long as you do well in geography, you're in with a good chance. Good luck!!
KCL open day said that if you have AAB predictions, you're given an offer, and theyre pretty lenient if you miss it, its just UCL im worried about
Original post by caitlinmary98
I'm not sure about the London ones, but Manchester say their standard offer is AAB, and I've talked to their admissions people who told me that so long as you do well in geography, you're in with a good chance. Good luck!!
Original post by caitlinmary98
Hi! I've sent off my application for BA Geography at Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool and Cardiff (BSc Human Geography). No offers yet but fingers crossed...

UPDATE: Got an offer from Leeds today!!

what are your predictions if you dont mind me asking
Original post by DaisyLover15
what are your predictions if you dont mind me asking

A*AA in Geog, Maths and History. Not sure how realistic that is though..!
(I don't want to be too specific bc don't want to be recognized) but I'm a girl from Europe (outside UK), still in high school/secondary school. My finals are in the spring so I do not have any officially predicted grades etc (though if all goes as planned I should recive something similar to UK's AAA/A*A*A*).

Courses applied for:

LSE

Durham (BA)

UCL (BA, year abroad)

Still battleing between St Andrews, Manchester and Bristol

I would have wanted to apply to Oxford but decided too late that I want to study geography, so maybe next year then! (if I don't get into LSE or Durham, I'll keep a gap year and apply (and do my finals) agai). Tbh, still haven't started my personal statement... but I'm aiming to be done with the application process before Christmas.
Hi!

Applied for physical geography at York, Nottingham, Exeter, Loughborough and Leicester with predicted AAB. Have so far recieved offers from York (ABB), Nottingham (ABB), Loughborough (AAB) and Leicester (BBB). Just waiting for Exeter to get back to me now :s-smilie:
Predicted: A*AA and hoping for an A* in EPQ too.

I applied to Bristol, Exeter, Southampton, Reading and Brighton for Physical Geography (although human and physical at Reading.)

Sent my application off today! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello!

I'm predicted AAA in Geography, Psychology and Literature.
Applying to King's College, UCL, Queen Mary, LSE and Royal Holloway for physical geography (except at LSE I applied for human)

Sent my application earlier this week and now it's time to play the waiting game :s-smilie:

Good luck all!
A Levels taken:
Geography (predicted A)
Biology (predicted A)
Maths (predicted A)

Courses applied for:

Southampton

UCL

UEA

Leeds

Portsmouth

Application outcomes:

-Southampton BBB
-UCL ABB
-UEA ABB
-Leeds AAA
-Portsmouth BBB
(edited 7 years ago)
I've applied for geography/international development/geography and international development so I guess I fit here?

A levels taken:
Geography (predicted A*)
Maths (predicted A*)
Biology (predicted A)
Psychology AS (gained an A)

Courses applied for:
Sussex
UEA
York
Reading
Chester

Application outcomes:
Got all of my offers!
Reply 14
Hi

I am applying for Geography Ba at all my universities

A levels taken and predictions

Geography - A*

Maths - A*

Economics A*

EPQ - A*

Universities applied for:

Oxford

Durham - Accepted A*AA offer

Exeter - Accepted AAA offer

Edinburgh

St Andrews - Accepted AAA offer

Has anyone else applied to any of my other choices and got offers?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by brightanna98
Predicted: A*AA and hoping for an A* in EPQ too.

I applied to Bristol, Exeter, Southampton, Reading and Brighton for Physical Geography (although human and physical at Reading.)

Sent my application off today! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm glad to see you have applied to Reading! I am currently in my final year doing human and physical geography and really enjoying, so if you have any questions feel free to ask! Hopefully you'll hear back soon.

Emma :smile:
3rd Year Human and Physical Geographer
Original post by UniofReading
I'm glad to see you have applied to Reading! I am currently in my final year doing human and physical geography and really enjoying, so if you have any questions feel free to ask! Hopefully you'll hear back soon.

Emma :smile:
3rd Year Human and Physical Geographer

I receieved an offer from Reading today and Southampton! And - also have an offer from Brighton. Just waiting to hear back from Exeter and Bristol :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fridge_thrower
Any applying for Geography at Durham received an offer yet?

Nope - They take their time.
FYI, around 90% of those who apply to Durham for Geog get an offer. So don't worry about it.
Subjects/ predictions:
Geography - A*
English Literature - A
Psychology - A
Creative writing (extra a level) - A

Where I have applied:
Edinburgh (MA)
Newcastle (BA)
Bristol (BSc)
Liverpool (BA)
Manchester (BA)

Current offers:
Newcastle - AAB
Liverpool- ABB
Manchester- AAB
Reply 19
:smile: subjects (predictions) - geography (A*), Geology (A*) Maths (A) EPQ (A*)
applied to - Bristol, Manchester, UCL, Nottingham, Birmingham
Received offer from
Manchester AAA
Nottingham AAB
Birmingham AAB
UCL AAB
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending