I've received offers from:
Manchester AAA
Queen Mary AAB
Waiting on Bristol, LSE and Oxford.

Anyone heard from Bristol or LSE yet??

Have you heard back from LSE?
Anyone doing geography at Queen Mary?
Original post by Zino98
Has anyone made the University of Southampton their firm choice for BSc Geography?
I made Queen Mary my insurance choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi!

I can't decide whether to firm Southampton or Bristol for BSc yet, but I think I'm swaying towards Southampton :smile:
Has anyone applied to both Bristol and Southampton?
I'm finding it extremely difficult to make a decision between them!

I love the course at Bristol yet the Uni is extremely big and quite daunting (I'm a very shy/nervous person) and Southampton seems comfier - except the course not as great? Although, both Uni's are BRILLIANT!
Has anyone applied for Bsc geography at Exeter, Southampton or bath spa? Tough decision to decide my firm and insurance!
Original post by Jade181
Has anyone applied for Bsc geography at Exeter, Southampton or bath spa? Tough decision to decide my firm and insurance!

I made Southampton my firm choice for BSc Geography!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any thoughts?? I'm really stuck on which to choose:
Bristol (AAA) vs Lancaster with study abroad (AAA or unconditional if I firm) vs Newcastle (AAB)

I thought the lancaster course was probably my favourite course but I visited the town recently and it seemed pretty dead which is really putting me off. Bristols probably the most prestigious but my maths is going really badly (I got a C in recent mocks) so I wouldn't be as secure. Newcastles lower on the league tables but I love the city and the nightlife and I do have a chance to study abroad, although it would be an additional year, making it a 4 year course (the year abroad at Lancaster counts as part of the degree).
Any opinions would be appreciated thanks x
Original post by Vicisobel
Bristol (AAA) vs Lancaster with study abroad (AAA or unconditional if I firm) vs Newcastle (AAB)

I thought the lancaster course was probably my favourite course but I visited the town recently and it seemed pretty dead which is really putting me off. Bristols probably the most prestigious but my maths is going really badly (I got a C in recent mocks) so I wouldn't be as secure. Newcastles lower on the league tables but I love the city and the nightlife and I do have a chance to study abroad, although it would be an additional year, making it a 4 year course (the year abroad at Lancaster counts as part of the degree).

If I were in your position, I'd go for Newcastle as the entry req is lower than the rest so it'll be a safer bet, night/social life seems pretty good, as well as the city atmosphere. Plus, as you mentioned, you could apply for a year abroad which could be an added benefit if you'd like to really do that.
As for it's position on the league table, I'd suggest focusing more on the course content rather than where it could stand in comparison to other unis - it could be that you may not like Bristol's course even though it's higher than Newcastle. Keep in mind that you'll be doing this for the next 3/4 years, so it should really appeal to you!

Hope that somewhat helped!
Original post by Vicisobel

I'm going to Lancaster to do a year abroad so I might be a bit biased but choose whichever one you prefer rather than letting league tables dictate your decision. It's better to like the place you're studying in and the course you're doing than be at a higher ranked uni that you don't like as much (and neither Lancaster or Newcastle are bad uni's!)
Hello all, please can you help with my firm and insurance for Geography, its driving me mad!

My favourite offers are from University of Bristol BSc Geography with Study Abroad (A*AA) and from the University of Leeds BA Geography (AAA). If I were to put Bristol as firm, I would probably put Leeds as insurance, but if Leeds was firm, Nottingham (BA Geog - AAB) would be my insurance.

My problem is I dont know what to put as firm becuase
a) Im predicted A*AA but as the days go on I'm less certain Ill achieve it
b) I love the feel at Leeds, more so than Bristol
c) The course at Leeds seems good, but the Bristol course is much more respected
d) I have been offered a garunteed year abroad scheme with Bristol whereas with Leeds I'd have to apply when I arrive - this could mean I dont get it if its popular
e) Bristol is generally a more respected uni although Leeds is still great

Overall my heart says Leeds and my head says Bristol - HELP please
Original post by elliotcyriax
Hello all, please can you help with my firm and insurance for Geography, its driving me mad!

My favourite offers are from University of Bristol BSc Geography with Study Abroad (A*AA) and from the University of Leeds BA Geography (AAA). If I were to put Bristol as firm, I would probably put Leeds as insurance, but if Leeds was firm, Nottingham (BA Geog - AAB) would be my insurance.

My problem is I dont know what to put as firm becuase
a) Im predicted A*AA but as the days go on I'm less certain Ill achieve it
b) I love the feel at Leeds, more so than Bristol
c) The course at Leeds seems good, but the Bristol course is much more respected
d) I have been offered a garunteed year abroad scheme with Bristol whereas with Leeds I'd have to apply when I arrive - this could mean I dont get it if its popular
e) Bristol is generally a more respected uni although Leeds is still great

Overall my heart says Leeds and my head says Bristol - HELP please

I'm in a very similar situation!!

I have got offers from...
Bristol AAA
Exeter AAA
Birmingham AAB, unconditional if firm or ABB if I get an A in EPQ
Royal Holloway ABB, unconditional if firm

They are all great unis but I just can't decide what option is the best, I'm predicted A*AA (geography, biology, chemistry) but I totally agree that the closer I get to exams the more I doubt myself!!

Everyone always says to follow your heart but I am just so aware that with any decision I make I am gambling something... Bristol would be my number one but it's the demanding grades and idk what insurance would be best... I just can't decide!! 😂😂 (sorry if I'm not much help!!)

Have you got any closer to making a decision?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 291
Has anyone firmed Leeds or UCL?
Reply 292
Original post by jessicagroves

Yeh I've firmed unconditional for Human Geography
Original post by perkint

Hiya, I firmed UCL for Geography Bsc (conditional).
I've firmed Edinburgh for Geography (BSc) (Unconditional) :smile: Anyone else firmed Edinburgh for geog?
Original post by jessicagroves

I'm not doing it yet but it's my firm offer! :smile:
Original post by perkint

Hi, I firmed UCL
Original post by hevbow
I'm not doing it yet but it's my firm offer! :smile:

I insured that, have you applied to halls for QM?
Original post by alicia0x0
I insured that, have you applied to halls for QM?

I'm really sorry I meant insured too, all this revision has frazzled my brain haha. KCL is my firm :smile: but I've not applied to the unis own halls, I'm going with a private halls company so that if I miss my firm or whatever happens I definitely don't have accommodation to stress about :smile: how about you?
Original post by hevbow
I'm really sorry I meant insured too, all this revision has frazzled my brain haha. KCL is my firm :smile: but I've not applied to the unis own halls, I'm going with a private halls company so that if I miss my firm or whatever happens I definitely don't have accommodation to stress about :smile: how about you?

I will also be going private, but some of the cancellation policies for the accommodation worry me incase I do get into UCL (my firm) in which case I won't need the private accommodation anymore. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending