Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to imporve your memory power? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am terrible at remembering things and this is not good as my GCSEs are approaching. Help me!!!

Is there some medical treatment or food/beverage I can take to improve my memory ability?

ReputationRep:
    Haha...!! No im not aware of any medical treatment or food that helps with memory, but it's all about practice. Firstly find away of revising that works for you - this could be using flash cards, revisions cards, mind maps etc. Also put the knowledge you've learnt into practice - get someone to test you or do practice papers. Don't worry...you'll be fine!
    A

ReputationRep:
    No medical treatment... but you can improve your memory ability by work and practice. For work well, it is necessary that you have a stable life. If you are stressed out, you can not remembering your lessons correctly. Ok you work, work and work again your lessons, but don't forget to have fun. You can practice sport, dance, walking, swimming or other. And eat healthy food. Good food always help students ! The brain function at full capacity when you eat healthy food, brain is nourish by all things you eat.The day of the exam, if you have forgotten an importante thing, close your eyes and relax. If you don't remember, focus you on things that you know and will remember the important thing later.

Don't say that you forget everything, have self-confidence !

Sorry for my english mistakes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alwin.sm)
    Haha...!! No im not aware of any medical treatment or food that helps with memory, but it's all about practice. Firstly find away of revising that works for you - this could be using flash cards, revisions cards, mind maps etc. Also put the knowledge you've learnt into practice - get someone to test you or do practice papers. Don't worry...you'll be fine!
    A
    Thanks @alwin.sm
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Definitely put practice in. There are exercises you can do to help your memory. You might find flash cards and mind-maps useful

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.