Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    NO offence but I prefer natural breasts any day.

ReputationRep:
    Even though I think Keira Knightley is hot. She'd probably be hotter with some more tits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Anthropologist)
    I agree, the woman who has it done, does it for a reason. That reason is that she is not happy with her current breasts and therefore her body image, making her insecure.
    Oh come off it, who isn't insecure about something? Who cares? No one's ever going to be totally ok about every aspect of their life, being insecure is totally inescapable and inevitable, it's not some hideously crippling character flaw. By your rational the minute you choose clothes in a shop that flatter you instead of being merely functional you're being insecure. People want to look nice, maybe that makes them insecure, and maybe it doesn't, either way I really don't think it's that big a deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeaniegirl)
    Hi everyone,
    I recently had my boobs done because I was pretty flat. I'm still healing...the surgery was only a month ago. Now I find this video on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BtPq0dfAzc

Is the black guy just being obnoxious or do you think women with implants are really insecure?

Thanks
    Jeanie

ps. I would take kiera knightley too !!

hi,

i think you are insecure (sorry!) I prefer natural, non-implanted women personally. I think i'm allergic to silica - either that or just knowing that a women infront of you is partially unreal kinda freaks me out. Humans are humans and altering that creates a flaw in my eyes (though its kinda weird because i have sympathies for people with geniune disfigurements getting plastic jobs, i.e. face jobs). These people geniunely need it to fit into society normally - you didn't need implants to be happy in society - it was just your mind that thought you needed it. If you can get the job reversed, i would because after all when you have your first kid you'll develop big breasts for breastfeeding - is it urgent to have big breasts?

P

ReputationRep:
    i would consider them on some level... but would not want to take the risk of not being able to breastfeed my child.

it makes you insecure on some level and this post its self screams insecurity, i think your just in a vulnerable state post op and still feeling poorly, also not being able to see the full result for bandages, when they heal and you get used to them in sure you wont give two hoots what others think.

ReputationRep:
    dont worry, guys like small boobies...
    if they not flat like a wall, then they are JUST FINE!!!
    NO SWEAT honey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icecoldstar)
    dont worry, guys like small boobies...
    if they not flat like a wall, then they are JUST FINE!!!
    NO SWEAT honey
    And the award for not even remotely attempting to read the thread goes to...

*drum roll*

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it necessarily means you're insecure in the sense of it being a problem (though it does suggest you may be), but it obviously shows that you were unhappy with your body before. However, pretty much everyone works on their appearance in some way - make-up, clothes, shaving etc. are all ways of altering our appearance, and breast implants are a similar, if more serious, way to manipulate your image.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it means you're insecure - it just means you didn't like having a flat chest, so you did something about it. If anybody who has implants is insecure, by the same token, anyone who wears make-up because they look rough without it is insecure, anyone who takes care of their appearance is insecure. Everyone has things about them that they want to change, it doesn't mean they're insecure at all.

And when people go on about preferring the natural look - not everyone who has a boob job ends up looking like Jordan! If you go to a good surgeon and pick the right kind of implant you should end up with a good result that won't look any different than a good natural pair, it's only when people go to poor surgeons and/or pick massive high-profile implants that are too big for their frame that you can tell they're fake.

ReputationRep:
    Why else (barring horrific accidents) do girls have boob jobs?

Yes you are insecure and no I would never have sex with a girl with fake boobs. I think its disgusting.

My mate shagged a girl with plastic tits so there is hope for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoecb)
    I'd consider breast reduction if it weren't for the fact that I don't think the end result would be quite what I was after (apparently reduction leaves scars).
    There is scarring - its sort of like an anchor shape (up to the nipple and around under your breast), it looks pretty bad straight after surgery but fades down a fair bit (although you would prabably always have scarring). It really depends on why you want it - if your getting back pain, etc it could be worth keeping in mind. During a consultation about it you would be shown pictures of how the scarring is likely to look, so you wouldn't be getting a massive shock after.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if all women who have breast implants are insecure but you clearly are.

ReputationRep:
    most people on this thread have very little clue what they're talking about op.

for starters, all the people saying 'eeeew plastic booobieeessss loolooo.lolol i want real onezz' don't seem to realise that a good boob job does NOT result in 'plastic' looking breasts. A good boob job will look and feel natural, and very few will actually be able to tell they're 'fake'.

secondly, breast implants do not neccessarily make you any more insecure than people who die their hair or paint their toe-nails. Yes, it can be a self-esteem thing, but lots of women simply prefer the look of larger breasts and so opt for the surgery.

my mother was a small b-cup, and when she was pregnant with my younger brother she went up to a large c. she liked the way they looked. then after she had him, her breasts shrunk back down to a b so she decided to have surgery to permanantly make them a c cup. it had nothing to do with insecurity, they didn't look 'fake' at all (in fact, i only found out a couple of years ago that they aren't natural!) - she simply prefered the look of her body with larger breasts.

do not listen to people who tell you that aesthetic enhancement makes you some kind of snivelling, needy, underconfident emotional wreck. because it's not the same for everyone, and there are tonnes of different reasons why people alter aspects of their appearances.

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiousity, can a woman breastfeed after getting implants?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Out of curiousity, can a woman breastfeed after getting implants?

i have no idea - my mother didn't breastfeed my little sister, but i don't know if that was due to the implants or something else.
    hhmmm.

i would totally have implants. in fact, i *almost* intend to.

i'm saving up for my cosmetic dentistry first, though. then maybe if i win the lottery i'll do me boobies...!

ReputationRep:
    Your mother, much like yourself, is a "special case."

The majority of girls are insecure. The OP has emphatically stated she didn't feel happy or confident with her natural tatas. Therefore she is insecure. I would not have sex with a girl with fake boobs. It's a sign that they aren't happy with their body. If it's not the breasts it will be something else. I'd rather be with someone who is happy as they are.

And its all your opinion whether fake boobs look for feel real. I, as a male and many of my friends do not like fake breasts.

ReputationRep:
    Mostly shallow; yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JacquesNoir)
    Your mother, much like yourself, is a "special case."

The majority of girls are insecure. The OP has emphatically stated she didn't feel happy or confident with her natural tatas. Therefore she is insecure. I would not have sex with a girl with fake boobs. It's a sign that they aren't happy with their body. If it's not the breasts it will be something else. I'd rather be with someone who is happy as they are.

And its all your opinion whether fake boobs look for feel real. I, as a male and many of my friends do not like fake breasts.
    you mean you don't like breasts that you can tell are 'fake'.

if you can't tell they have implants, and you like their breasts, you very well might like 'fake' boobs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JacquesNoir)
    I just managed to delete my post

Insecurity issues aside (I seriously do not believe there is a single person alive who isn't insecure about something)...

The only reason you would know that a girls boobs are fake on sight are if she's had a bad, or deliberately unnatural looking boob job. In that case; fair enough, it's a matter of taste. I don't buy for one second the idea that you're such an expert on plastic surgery that you can identify breast implants in every woman who've had them.

And please don't come out with the response which so many men seem to give, being 'I just know'...Guys, coming from a bisexual girl who probably has at least as much experience with other girls breasts as you do...You just don't.

ReputationRep:
    Not all of us with bigger boobies have plastic ones either. :p:

Everyone is insecure about something, and people only focus on the extremes of plastic surgery. If it makes you feel better about yourself then why do you care what some randomer (or us for that matter) on you tube thinks? I plan on getting an uplift after i have kids because i know they´re gonna sag at some point.

I just like boobies full stop. If i were a guy (or a lesbian) i´d definetely be a boob man .

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.