Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I am putting together a last minute medicine application but I'm feeling a bit overloaded with decision making in terms of my choices and I would really appreciate some help! I tried posting in the big thread but didn't get a reply.

So I have a 1st class degree in Marine Biology and an average UKCAT section score of 773 (700 VR, 890 QR, 730 AR). However my A levels are ABB (Bio, Chem, Law) and my GCSEs are 4A* 2A loads of Bs.

I've read conflicting information about importance of GCSEs/A levels when applying with a degree. Any reccomendations for Unis that would favour my results would be really appreciated.

Also can I apply for 4x 5 Year standard medicine 1x 4 Year short course or is it 4x medicine of any kind total?

Thank you for any information, I'm very grateful

ReputationRep:
    I'm not 100% but i though that they don't matter for GEM. Check the requirements or email admissions tutors for a better answer.

Definitely apply to UKCAT heavy uni's, but i doubt you'll be able to apply for undegraduate medicine with ABB

ReputationRep:
    I was planning to apply for undergraduate because I think my chemistry and non ecological biology might be a bit shaky and I would rather do the first year. I mean if I have no chance because of my A levels for undergraduate entry then I won't and will self learn it. I was kind of hoping they would wave my bad previous marks because I had a degree

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.