Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Is my long distance boyfriend cheating?!

ReputationRep:
    I honestly hate to think this I feel so bad for thinking this, But I want to know would you think he's cheating if he stopped wanting to sex as much we usually do a lot of sexting but lately he hasn't want to.... also when he gets home from school he will text me but some nights he will and some he just won't WOULD you think that's a sign? I don't know if am overreacting he has cheated in a lot of past relationships I feel he's Changed but lately I've just got a bad gut feeling also we have been dating almost 11 months Please help

ReputationRep:
    Maybe, he's tired?

ReputationRep:
    He could just be stressed, ask him if he's okay in himself because if he is stressed that could explain why he is pushing you away/distancing himself.
    All depends on whether you trust him; if you trust him then trust he is loyal to you or at the least if you confront him trust he is telling you the truth in his answer. If you don't trust him, maybe long distance isn't for you as it's especially hard to keep and maintain a trusting loyal relationship long distance especially with someone who has a bad history of commitment. I hope it all works out okay for you

ReputationRep:
    Not saying he has, but probability would dictate that he'll have at least been tempted by now. Long distance isn't tangible, especially at your age.

ReputationRep:
    Relationships ebb and flow. If he is away at uni he could just be tired when he comes home. Perhaps if he's working his job is stressful. It could also be that he's going through a period where he's just not as interested in sex, yes, that happens. But, if you've been dating for 11 months and he comes home and doesn't contact you at least once a day that is a red flag to me. I would think he'd at least text you and tell you about his day etc. even if he couldn't see you. He might not be someone who wants to have to text back and forth but a 'check in' text would be reasonable to me. No way to know why he's changed and you should bring that up with him. Sometimes our gut feelings are way off (at least for me) but many times it's spot on. You need to look at the big picture of your relationship. Does he seem happy to see you when he comes home? Does he encourage you to visit him when he's away? Is he still interested in some sex even if not the same amount as before - because outside life can affect that desire (stress, illness, etc)? Does he contact you daily - at least every other day, does he reply to your texts in a reasonable amount of time? You do need to consider his history. You said he's 'cheated a lot in past relationships' - he's cheated a lot? It is understandable that you'd be leery of his new behavior. I hope for your sake he's being loyal but again, you need to look at the big picture and communicate with him. If you ask him about the changes you've noticed and he gets defensive and starts blaming you for being too needy or nosy then I'd take that as a bad sign. He may not be cheating but his overall feeling about the relationship could be changing and you need to know if that is the case. If he's being faithful and still values his relationship with you he'll just explain why he's changed and let you know what's going on in his life and reassure you. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    *******s! Of course he's got another hook up If he's used to regular sex, cause he's going to play the field to find a partner. Duh!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.