Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

What's the most annoying thing that has happened to you at your bank? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What's the most annoying thing that has happened to you when visiting your local bank branch?

For me, it's the manager calling me a 'vulnerable customer' and talking to me like I'm an elderly person when I need my debit card replacing, then subsequent times when I have been in, he spoke to me in the exact same tone, the most recent being when I had a query about an overdraft.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I went yesterday as it happens, I had a 45 minute lunch break and used it to cycle down. Each way takes about 10 minutes to unlock,cycle and lock so I had 25 minutes.

Then when I got there there was only one person working there and two people ahead of me, I thought that couldn't take too long. Wrong. The person in front of me was fine, took a 'normal' time but the person ahead of him was doing something strange like withdrawing multiple/seperate cheques and took a ridiculous amount of time, so I was 3 minutes late at the end of it (total time spent in the bank was about 20 minutes.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Having my bank balance on £0 and being broke AF
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    The only trouble I ve had with mine is getting a contactless card took much longer than they initially said. The people in branch are all generally brilliant though .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    The only trouble I ve had with mine is getting a contactless card took much longer than they initially said. The people in branch are all generally brilliant though .
    May I ask, who do you bank with?

Poll
What is your favourite film genre?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.