Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

aptitude test

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    so i failed my aptitude test the first time, and they are allowing me back to the center to take the test again. i need help and advice. any tips, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Have you done any practice tests? Exam technique and knowing your stuff is key.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    On top of this do you know what you need to know? Do you know what you don't know? It's difficult to give advice on an aptitude test because that's a very generic term and we have no information to work with.

Can you find out what you struggled with? Or do you know what you couldn't answer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    I have but the practice for the aptitude test only had 4 questions in , which they all came up, the actual test had 50 questions, not enough revision material for that part i guess but I will try.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    On top of this do you know what you need to know? Do you know what you don't know? It's difficult to give advice on an aptitude test because that's a very generic term and we have no information to work with.

Can you find out what you struggled with? Or do you know what you couldn't answer?
    A couple of questions I couldn't answer I found what they are, other we're just about common IT acronyms, which I only knew a couple of. I can just practice more patterns, and a couple were questions were about programming, which I had no clue about. , I will just go on do some research, just really scared now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jokaluks2)
    A couple of questions I couldn't answer I found what they are, other we're just about common IT acronyms, which I only knew a couple of. I can just practice more patterns, and a couple were questions were about programming, which I had no clue about. , I will just go on do some research, just really scared now.
    Not to sound like an arse but if they're common IT acronyms and you don't know them then have you asked if you're really cut out for whatever IT thing you've applied to? If it's degree level then there's a baseline expectation that you have some basic knowledge of the IT area. And at A Level and lower they won't be expecting you to have programming knowledge.

Aptitude tests like this are to guage your ability to take a job or course. If you failed it that suggests you aren't ready for the course, or at least don't have the necessary working knowledge.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Quick link:

Unanswered IT and technology threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.