Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Staying at home makes me feel depressed Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The only time I get to go out is when I need to go college. But college is only for 2 days a week(mon-tues). The other days I'm at home bored outta my mind. I've applied for a care assistant apprenticeship and they called me yesterday and told me I didn't get the role because I'm too young (17). I feel quite gutted because I really wanted that apprenticeship. I need a part time job but I can't find anything that I want to do and most of the jobs are really far away. I don't drive so I need something where I will be able to travel there on the bus. I want to work part time in a care home but I cant find any jobs near me and I just feel so stressed out because I really need the money and if I have to stay in this house any longer my head is going to explode.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limaa.x17)
    The only time I get to go out is when I need to go college. But college is only for 2 days a week(mon-tues). The other days I'm at home bored outta my mind. I've applied for a care assistant apprenticeship and they called me yesterday and told me I didn't get the role because I'm too young (17). I feel quite gutted because I really wanted that apprenticeship. I need a part time job but I can't find anything that I want to do and most of the jobs are really far away. I don't drive so I need something where I will be able to travel there on the bus. I want to work part time in a care home but I cant find any jobs near me and I just feel so stressed out because I really need the money and if I have to stay in this house any longer my head is going to explode.
    I would say to keep looking but in the mean time, try to just go out for walks and listen to music that you like, maybe join groups on Facebook that tell you about free events going on locally and go to a few. Try not to let your life become consumed by finding work and get out a bit

I hope this helped x
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limaa.x17)
    I'm sorry you didn't get the apprenticeship. Have you tried asking about volunteering opportunities? It could be something to get you by until you're old enough to take on an apprenticeship like that. I've seen a number of people under 18 get involved in volunteering in care homes. You can be flexible with the work, and it will get you more experience. It could be something to look into for while you're looking for a job.

Have you talked to anyone about you're feeling? It really sounds like it would be worth seeing your GP if you haven't already. They'd be able to help you out. Sure, they won't be able to change your situation, but they can help you with ways to deal with it - whether that be counselling, medication, etc.

If you're feeling depressed, please talk to someone. You can talk to Samaritans at 116 123, and Childline if you're under 19 at 0800 1111 or via their web-chat service.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.