The Student Room Group

Have you ever met a famous person?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by minimarshmallow
Cilla Black was my nan's second cousin.

Also my mum used to knock about with Sonia.

im distantly relaed to dennis waterman on my paternal nans side
I met David Attenborough once a few years ago when I went to see a preview film of one of his documentaries. He was really lovely and friendly. :smile:
Original post by megs_13
I've met Taylor Swift (although i am pretty sure most people hate her these days) I've been a fan for years and her management chose me and a few other fans to listen to her album 1989 pre release with her. They were called the Secret Sessions. It's a cool story to tell, she was lovely and she knew everybody's names without us having to tell her :smile:

That's really cool!! She seems like she would be super nice to her fans
I met Syndicate who's quite a famous Youtuber. Does that count?
I've met Benedict Cumberbatch but only because he's a former pupil at my school.
Original post by timster32
I've met Benedict Cumberbatch but only because he's a former pupil at my school.

I saw him walking the streets of london a few years back, complete with sherlock attire. I freaked out, ran up to him and asked for a photo. then once I looked at him properly I realised he was a lookalike :angry:
I just said "oh....you're not..." and he laughed at said "let's take a blurry selfie together, you can tell your friends you met the real guy" which I thought was nice of him
Original post by Fox Corner
:excited:

My friends dad was in a famous 90s techno band (10 points if you can guess which one).

Have you ever met a famous person? Maybe you're even related to one!

Need to flip it around

"Do any celebs/famous people know you?"
Reply 67
walked past one, does that count?

plus it was a soap star so not really that 'famous'
Reply 68
rolf harris, before all the paedophilia stuff came out. he used to live in my hometown :I
I met The Tide, they did a free signing in London last year
I've met Manic Street Preachers and Atomic Kitten at CD signings.

Catherine Zeta Jones' and Michael Douglas' child went to the summer camp I worked at this year, and I was friends with Woody Allen's youngest daughter, Manzie, although I didn't see Woody himself.

There's a few West Bromwich Albion players that are members at my work, Boaz Myhill and Chris Brunt are really lovely guys.
(edited 7 years ago)
No never but really want to meet Selena Gomez.
I have met:
Anthony Joshua
Michael Page
Alfie Daivs
Zayn Malik
Fleur East
Yes. Had an interesting evening with an American musician when he asked me up to his hotel room a few years ago. We still keep in touch.
I met Boris Johnson a couple of times over the referendum campaign, and have met most the likes of Nigel Farage and Steven Woolfe through UKIP campaigning.
Original post by Longshot002
I met Sheamus about a year ago. He's a WWE Wrestler.

luckyy. out of all the wwe stars i know, i have no idea who i would want to meet...the rock? roman? cena? argh theres this one i love but i forgot his name!!!
Reply 76
I've met Benedict Cumberbatch twice which was fun - I met Jeremy Jordan (Broadway actor) who to me is incredibly famous but to anyone else he's not haha.

I'm friends with Andrew from Bake Off haha - but don't know if he counts as famous yet!
simon armitage, jacqueline wilson (pree the year 3-9 days where i read every single on of her books and made my mum and sister wait 3 hours so i can get my book signed after listening to a talk) and joanna wilson, she goes to my school so yeah
I met Samuel L. Jackson once in a golf club and I shook his hand :tongue:
Original post by sfaraj
luckyy. out of all the wwe stars i know, i have no idea who i would want to meet...the rock? roman? cena? argh theres this one i love but i forgot his name!!!

I wanna meet Kane at least once.

Quick Reply

Latest