Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

On days when you're most productive, what guidelines / rules do you guys follow? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In days you find yourself to be at your most productive, what is the main factor that makes you productive compared to the days that you are extremely unproductive?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    do not make plans, just go with the flow. making plans makes you feel like you've accomplished it already, so today i just sat here, and wrote my notes with a few breaks watching youtube and it's quite productive i guess
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I m most productive when I have a to do list, but i dont set rigid timings to anything.

ReputationRep:
    Having slept well. If I get a decent night's sleep I want to make the most of the energy I have the next day.

e.g. I got a good 10-11hrs last night and today was my day off. It has revolved around chemistry revision (my weakest class); UCAS and making a start on planning my personal statement; my pets (hamster needed a cage clean & bath and my largest fish tank (70L) needed cleaned as well); and email exchanges with a couple of people to obtain some information I needed.

I don't need to set any rules. If I'm motivated then, well, I'm motivated!*
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    NO TSR
    Until Cheese has done at least half of Cheese's post it note to do things

How often does this happen?

Spoiler:
    Show
    You see that blank space there^^?Yeah
    Its blank for a reason m8

ReputationRep:
    I've written a blog post about how to be productive! I'm in my second year at Oxford so this is from lots of practise! https://studyspace.blog/2016/12/07/1...re-productive/

ReputationRep:
    The main factor is that I have an exam the next day. Or some other kind of imminent important consideration..
    When there's maximum pressure, I thrive. That's pretty much it. Doesn't matter if I've slept enough, eaten enough, if I'm hydrated enough. I tend to work my ass off when I know I have to, and be lazy as hell when I don't feel I do.

ReputationRep:
    Literally zero breaks, zero distraction nothing at all until the evening.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    No rules. Just open a book and study for however long I can, which usually ranges from 1-5 minutes until I am distracted. Repeat until full blown procrastination takes over.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.