Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive got spots on my neck, chest (round by my collarbones) and a few on my back but i cant seem to get rid if them. I have quite sensitive skin so ive been using a body puff thing with soap or body wash, i also use moisturising body lotion (all are products especially for sensitive skin) after ive had a shower but can anyone recommend anything else i should be doing or some different products? thanks

at the age you are it could well be a form of acne,

if you drink a lot of fluid you tend not to get spots on your face but it spreads down your body, a good friend of mine had this problem and used to suffer from it quite a bit, he went to the doctors and was prescribed something which he had to take twice a day and within a month or so it had cleared up.

best bet is to see a doctor (ideally a dermatologist) because they will be able to advise you on the best options of what you can do.

I had this same problem. I went to my GP who then referred me to a dermatologist. I was then given a cream called Differin - worked a treat. Applied the cream 2 times a day and it soon cleared up.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    I had this problem for most of my teen years and am so thankful its nearly all gone now (at 19). My brother takes pills and has a special cream from the doctor and its cleared up mostly but he finds it annoying. I never saw this as an option unfortunately, but i dunno whether i would have taken the pills anyway if i had known.

Its upto you and the doc really

ReputationRep:
    Try Clinique's Antibacterial Acne Solutions soap, its really good and you can use it on your face aswell as neck/back. Its £10 though but will last you ages (mine normally lasts me about a year)

http://www.clinique.co.uk/templates/...T_ID=PROD74615

ReputationRep:
    yup, i got them too, i went to the doc he gave me eryacne, i apply twice a day, works a treat

ReputationRep:
    If you don't wanna go to the doctor, you could try Vitamin E oil or tea tree oil or something... I find that works.

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem. Exfoliate the areas every day (Tesco do a great sugar and neroli scrub) and moisturise, then at night apply something like Freederm, or I hear Sudocrem is good for getting rid of spots. If you can get someone to give you a massage hehe, I find that helps settle mine a bit! Using a mask, maybe something deep cleansing, could help as well.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, i had the same problem-go and see your GP, believe me its worth it. He set me up with some antibiotics(not really necessary) and some GREAT benozyl peroxide cream. After using once a day after showering for a month, all my spots have pretty much faded away.

DEF. worth the dreaded trip to the doc's!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.