The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) Applicants Discussion Thread 2017

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to our official 2017 thread!

Please feel free to introduce yourself, chat to other applicants and ask us any questions you have about studying at Manchester Metropolitan University.

Below are some links, which you may find useful when looking into studying with us:We look forward to hearing from you :smile:

Best wishes,

Rebecca and Stewart

Scroll to see replies

Hi, how soon after sending off my application will mmu respond? I'm applying for primary ed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by Sophie876
Hi, how soon after sending off my application will mmu respond? I'm applying for primary ed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Sophie876,

Applications can take up to 4-6 weeks to be processed. The first place that will be updated will be your UCAS Track so you will need to keep an eye on there for any updates.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Good luck with your application! :h:

Best wishes,

Rebecca
Student Recruitment Assistant (Enquiries)
Reply 3
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to our official 2017 thread!

Please feel free to introduce yourself, chat to other applicants and ask us any questions you have about studying at Manchester Metropolitan University.

Below are some links, which you may find useful when looking into studying with us:

We look forward to hearing from you :smile:

Best wishes,

Rebecca and Stewart

How generous are MMU with unconditional offers for Forensic Psychology? Thanks!
Original post by Rigby16
How generous are MMU with unconditional offers for Forensic Psychology? Thanks!

Hi,

All applications are assessed on an individual basis and unconditional offers depend on the applicants overall profile and vary from course to course.

Satisfying the typical entry requirements for a course is not a guarantee of an offer of a place. Many courses are oversubscribed and applications are viewed holistically, taking into account your grades, grade predictions, reference and personal statement, including any relevant experience you may have.

I hope this helps :smile:

Rebecca
Hi,

How much do you take AS Levels into account for Law? Because I have fairly decent GCSEs (10 Bs, 1 A and an A*) but my AS Levels of ADDE aren't the best. My predicted grades are above the entry requirements, but I wondered if my AS levels would reflect badly upon me?

In addition, is there any set criteria for unconditional offers, especially in Law?Many thanks
Reply 6
Original post by pigeonsof99
Hi,

How much do you take AS Levels into account for Law? Because I have fairly decent GCSEs (10 Bs, 1 A and an A*) but my AS Levels of ADDE aren't the best. My predicted grades are above the entry requirements, but I wondered if my AS levels would reflect badly upon me?

In addition, is there any set criteria for unconditional offers, especially in Law?Many thanks

I received an unconditional offer from Manchester met for Law and my AS results with BBB. But i have a lot of extracurricular.
Hope you get your offer! :smile:
Original post by Eliza2402
I received an unconditional offer from Manchester met for Law and my AS results with BBB. But i have a lot of extracurricular.

What were your predicted A2 grades btw? I have quite a lot of extra curricular too, thank god :smile:
Reply 8
What were your predicted A2 grades btw? I have quite a lot of extra curricular too, thank god :smile:

They were ABC 😊
Hi,

Hi,

Offers are made based on predicted A2 grades, rather than AS Levels. Therefore if your predicted grades are above the entry requirements then you would be eligible to apply.

We do not have a set criteria for unconditional offers. All applications are assessed on an individual basis and unconditional offers depend on the applicants overall profile and can vary.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions please get in touch.

Best wishes

Rebecca
Original post by Eliza2402

Congratulations on your offer! :h:
Unconditional offer for Software Engineering.

Anyone else on or looking at this course?
Original post by VikkiHanley
Unconditional offer for Software Engineering.

Anyone else on or looking at this course?

Hi VikkiHanley

Congratulations on your offer! :thumbsup:

Rebecca
Hi VikkiHanley

Congratulations on your offer! :thumbsup:

Rebecca

Hello!

Is there any way to find out which courses were in clearing? Thanks!
Hi there,

We won’t know which courses are going to be available through Clearing until late July or August. Keep an eye on our web site nearer the time.

Best wishes,

Stewart
Hi there,

We won’t know which courses are going to be available through Clearing until late July or August. Keep an eye on our web site nearer the time.

Best wishes,

Stewart

Sorry, i should have made it clearer. Which courses were in clearing last acedemic year?
Roughly many people do you offer places to that are studying on an access course? Currently 19 and doing an access course in Humanities and applying for Philosophy, with this in mind, and the fact that it's only a year so no predicted grades, do you tend to overlook people doing my course a bit or are we all treated equally? Worrying about this so so much because MMU is 100% going to be my first choice but I'm just worried that I'm not going to be able to get the grades that you ask for.
Original post by Rigby16
Sorry, i should have made it clearer. Which courses were in clearing last acedemic year?

Hi,

Unfortunately we do not keep records of courses that entered into clearing each year as it changes from year to year.

When clearing opens the courses that are still available are listed on our website at http://www2.mmu.ac.uk/clearing/.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Rebecca
Original post by katienurd
Roughly many people do you offer places to that are studying on an access course? Currently 19 and doing an access course in Humanities and applying for Philosophy, with this in mind, and the fact that it's only a year so no predicted grades, do you tend to overlook people doing my course a bit or are we all treated equally? Worrying about this so so much because MMU is 100% going to be my first choice but I'm just worried that I'm not going to be able to get the grades that you ask for.

Hi Katienurd,

We treat applicants with Access to Higher Education Diplomas the same as if they were to have A Levels or BTEC's, so applying with an Access course doesn't put you at a disadvantage at all.

For our BA (Hons) Philosophy we look for 106-112 UCAS points from an Access Diploma and GCSE at Grade C or Grade 4 in English Language.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your application! :h:

Best wishes,

Rebecca
Hi,

I'm making Manchester Metropolian metropolitan my first choice, I still am waiting for my tutor to give me my reference so I can send of my application, and I'm anxious im already to late as people are already sending their applications.

Quick Reply