The Student Room Group

Birmingham top destination for leaving Londoners

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0to100
Tag her too ini, or you can ignore us.

How do you get a D in English though...

We were doing Cambridge IGCSE foundation tier and the grade boundaries were really tight 😶 I got a C though 👍🏼 Some people got E's and U's but they didn't care. Our teacher didn't give a sh** either she would look at handbags during lesson and other stuff. I got an A in my coursework ☺️
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
We were doing Cambridge IGCSE foundation tier and the grade boundaries were really tight 😶 I got a C though 👍🏼 Some people got E's and U's but they didn't care. Our teacher didn't give a sh** either she would look at handbags during lesson and other stuff. I got an A in my coursework ☺️

Handbags lol

Wait do you go to St Martin's 6th form in Solihull? :ninja: That's one 6th form I heard about in that part of Brum..
Original post by 0to100
Handbags lol

Wait do you go to St Martin's 6th form in Solihull? :ninja: That's one 6th form I heard about in that part of Brum..

Lol yh mulberry handbags that she can't even afford 😬
Nope 🤔 1 clue it's called Solihull 'something something' 👍🏼
Lol yh mulberry handbags that she can't even afford 😬
Nope 🤔 1 clue it's called Solihull 'something something' 👍🏼

Hmm nvm then don't know that one, I'm not so sure about Solihull anyway. I just know it's one of the nicest parts in Birmingham, and now I see how you got accepted, miss A*
Original post by 0to100
Hmm nvm then don't know that one, I'm not so sure about Solihull anyway. I just know it's one of the nicest parts in Birmingham, and now I see how you got accepted, miss A*

Lol ☺️ I wasn't sure about Solihull either until I started going there 👍🏼
Original post by 0to100

Solihull's not even in Birmingham lmao
Yeah, it's pretty good Ngl ☺️ Aston don't seem that bad but then again I don't live there lol 👍🏼 True, alum rock is just the worst tho 😭 Yeah, init, tbh I couldn't care less anymore unless they are a real life friend or they are someone really close to me and someone who means a lot to me ❤️

Aston, Newtown and Lozells/Hockley Winson Green are som ****ery areas..

Ever been to Handsworth :biggrin:
Original post by 0to100
yea well if you ask someone who may or may even be from or near, they'd say aston is this and that, and repeatedly if someone makes a list about dodgy areas in Brum, Aston would pop up :rolleyes: so apparently the reputation is poor for some legit and non legit reasons...

And same :yy:

ohhh I see those emojis....is someone on their iPad? :hubba: you at home or out or what?

lmao pray for you if you step foot in Aston.

Original post by Wilfred Little
Depends where in Aston. By the factories is fine and incredibly quiet. Newtown, not so much.

I live in these areas. Not saying which one.

Honestly couldn't step foot in Newtown, I can step in Aston/Newtown border on the Aston border but not in the Newtown area.

Actually it depends, because while these areas are guienually bad in reputation , the reputation only exists because it's these areas that gangs have chosen to based and mainly start the trouble here. The gangs will kill, shoot, deal and do any crime in these bad areas. Newtown , etc have got a bad reputation, worse so than the other 'dodgy' areas of birmingham ( alum rock, druids heath), because gangs mostly operate in these areas ( and in the others areas, it's usually chavs or not as hard gangs, that you see, so the reputation wouldn't be so bad). Gangs usually just do their business with other gangs members. I guess, since i'm living in these areas, what i'm trying to say is, if you don't associate and seek yourself to be part of the gangs, you won't actually find any trouble living in these areas. ( Still though, I can't see myself walking through, Aston, Lozells, Hockley Newtown, or even parts of my area, whether i'm associated with gangs of not.)
Peaky Blinders, prove Brum is an amazing city.

I will probably never afford a house in london unless i earn significantly more than i expect I will.

Brum is a nice multi-cultural city with affordable housing and moderately good job prospects.

Its great! I know i lived there for 4 years, XD.

My last living spot in birmingham was Nechells its alright not london good but unless you inherit in london you wont buy a house so why stay.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by viffer
Birmingham is a toilet. And imagine having to listen to that accent all day every day?

technically speaking, it is a London that is a toilet. multicultural, non-English ****hole.
London to Birmingham?

Talk about leaving a slightly uncomfortable frying into a roaring and disgusting fire.
Original post by elmosandy
Aston, Newtown and Lozells/Hockley Winson Green are som ****ery areas..

Ever been to Handsworth :biggrin:

Yeahhh :biggrin:
Original post by Ambitious1999
Blackpool has been regarded as the London of the North.

But anyway, I'd take Bristol, Leeds, Manchester and Newcastle over Birmingham. All these places are getting more and more expensive every day though.
Yeahhh :biggrin:

Opinions?
Opinions?

It's cool! But I guess every area has its good parts and bad parts :biggrin:
It's cool! But I guess every area has its good parts and bad parts :biggrin:

Fair enough, do yu go for the shops?
Fair enough, do yu go for the shops?

Na, my mum knows some relatives who live there, and I went to see the colleges and we pass through there sometimes but nothing much. :redface:
Na, my mum knows some relatives who live there, and I went to see the colleges and we pass through there sometimes but nothing much. :redface:

The Colleges??? There is none there, except for south and city.
The Colleges??? There is none there, except for south and city.

Handsworth Grammar Sixth Form? 👀
Good we don't want Manchester turning into London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending