Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking about applying to Bristol, Bath, Durham, St Andrews and Nottingham

I got a* (maths) a( bio) a (chem) as A-level prediction.
    For GCSE I got 3a*(one in maths) 6a ( including english ) and 3b ( in geo, bio and french) how likely am I to get into those unis?

I think my p.s is okay, but not amazing tho as I could only show my interest in the course;I have never studied economics before.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you'll probably get offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coconut64)
    I am thinking about applying to Bristol, Bath, Durham, St Andrews and Nottingham

For GCSE I got 3a*(one in maths) 6a ( including english ) and 3b ( in geo, bio and french) how likely am I to get into those unis?

I think my p.s is okay, but not amazing tho as I could only show my interest in the course;I have never studied economics before.

Thanks
    Not that it's mandatory, but was there any reason you didn't do economics at A level? Did your school/college not offer it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Not that it's mandatory, but was there any reason you didn't do economics at A level? Did your school/college not offer it?
    I wanted to do dentistry at the beginning, so I didn't really look into economics but now I have changed my mind. I think it is quite interesting as I like the mathsy side of the course as well. How likely do you think I will get an offer from the unis? I don't know if they care more about the grades or the p.s...

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to do dentistry at the beginning, so I didn't really look into economics but now I have changed my mind. I think it is quite interesting as I like the mathsy side of the course as well. How likely do you think I will get an offer from the unis? I don't know if they care more about the grades or the p.s...

Thanks
    The grades you've quoted are reasonable for the Russell group universities you've cited - not stellar, but not crap either. I think you'll need to make a strong PS showing your interest in economics, but I don't see anything that would automatically rule you out of the running for a place.

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    with a good ps u shud get notts bristol bath offers for sure
    What were ur as

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youreanutter)
    with a good ps u shud get notts bristol bath offers for sure
    What were ur as

Due to the new a-level reform, I only did as maths in the first year and got an A. But with my two other courses, I do all the exams at the end of A2. What makes a good ps as I can only show my interest in it... Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.