Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Prediction: Corbyn will resign Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Within the next two years. Angela Rayner will succeed him in a leadership election.

ReputationRep:
    Where you get this from?

(Original post by Fenice)
    Within the next two years. Angela Rayner will succeed him in a leadership election.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    Where you get this from?
    It's a prediction. I don't think Corbyn will want to lead Labour into the general election. He has all but said he doesn't want to be PM. I think he will also get off on the idea of magnanimously handing over the reins of power a la Lucas. I think Rayner will succeed him because she's a northern, female 'bright young thing'. Labour's four top posts are currently occupied by Londoners. Labour will be too embarrassed not to select a capable leader who follows that pattern, especially when America, the Tories in England and Scotland, the Greens, Plaid Cymru etc are led by women.

ReputationRep:
    If he was going to resign then he would have done it already, the Cult of Saint Jezbollah have spoken and made it clear that they have no interest in winning an election.

ReputationRep:
    It's a prediction. I don't think Corbyn will want to lead Labour into the general election. He has all but said he doesn't want to be PM. I think he will also get off on the idea of magnanimously handing over the reins of power a la Lucas. I think Rayner will succeed him because she's a northern, female 'bright young thing'. Labour's four top posts are currently occupied by Londoners. Labour will be too embarrassed not to select a capable leader who follows that pattern, especially when America, the Tories in England and Scotland, the Greens, Plaid Cymru etc are led by women.
    I think he'll try to make it into a Corbyn authority party.

ReputationRep:
    It's a prediction. I don't think Corbyn will want to lead Labour into the general election. He has all but said he doesn't want to be PM. I think he will also get off on the idea of magnanimously handing over the reins of power a la Lucas.
    I can actually see this though more in a martyrdom sort of way.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    If he was going to resign then he would have done it already, the Cult of Saint Jezbollah have spoken and made it clear that they have no interest in winning an election.
    I don't think Corbyn believes he is necessarily leading Labour to a huge defeat at this rate, and Corbynites are of the same mind. None of them want a Tory government

However I don't think he wants to be PM or fight a GE and I think it fits in with his attitudes towards elitism and democracy not to stay too long in the post

ReputationRep:
    I predict that this will not happen. We'll see who is right.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.