Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Confused at why she did a full 180 flip on me. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have been seeing this girl now for the past few months and everything was going well. We was enjoying spending time together and was making plans to see each other over the weekend. She is a nurse and I have always accepted the fact her work life is busy and crazy and sometimes she has to cancel at very short notice, she starts work at 7:30am and still can be in work at gone 10pm.

But then last night I received a text from her staying with how little free time she has she wants to stop. She has had fun with me and enjoyed the time we have spent with eat other. I told her I am fine with how things was and want to make it work. I want to fight for it as I feel it is worth it. But I think there is something more to it.

Is there anything I can say or do, or is that it something has happened and I should just leave it at that and move on?

If its because she has meet someone thats fine as it happens. If she doesn't feel like it is going anywhere or I did something. I just want to know. Saying time just confuses me and leaves me in a lot of doubt and seeing on Wednesday she was looking forward and making plans with for the weekend. Just seems weird to do a full 180 flip.

I am just looking for advice of where to go from here really. Can I even ask her outright what happened?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Caspa)
    I have been seeing this girl now for the past few months and everything was going well. We was enjoying spending time together and was making plans to see each other over the weekend. She is a nurse and I have always accepted the fact her work life is busy and crazy and sometimes she has to cancel at very short notice, she starts work at 7:30am and still can be in work at gone 10pm.

But then last night I received a text from her staying with how little free time she has she wants to stop. She has had fun with me and enjoyed the time we have spent with eat other. I told her I am fine with how things was and want to make it work. I want to fight for it as I feel it is worth it. But I think there is something more to it.

Is there anything I can say or do, or is that it something has happened and I should just leave it at that and move on?

If its because she has meet someone thats fine as it happens. If she doesn't feel like it is going anywhere or I did something. I just want to know. Saying time just confuses me and leaves me in a lot of doubt and seeing on Wednesday she was looking forward and making plans with for the weekend. Just seems weird to do a full 180 flip.

I am just looking for advice of where to go from here really. Can I even ask her outright what happened?
    You can ask her for an honest explanation as to why she made the decision. She may or may not give you an honest answer.

It may simply be thats shes just not that into you and the relationship has run its course. She sees the cons and greater thna the pros.

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually in a similar situation as that girl, a guy I was dating came back off holiday and wanted to see me. As I have two very important dates coming up (one being a dissertation hand in and end of my masters), I told him can we put things on hold as I do not have the time to be venturing about at the moment. In the end he got the hump because of it and I stopped messaging him altogether as I was just getting nagged at by a guy who wasn't even a partner of mine.

My advice: Ask her outright. Other wise you'll make assumptions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natalie427)
    I'm actually in a similar situation as that girl, a guy I was dating came back off holiday and wanted to see me. As I have two very important dates coming up (one being a dissertation hand in and end of my masters), I told him can we put things on hold as I do not have the time to be venturing about at the moment. In the end he got the hump because of it and I stopped messaging him altogether as I was just getting nagged at by a guy who wasn't even a partner of mine.

My advice: Ask her outright. Other wise you'll make assumptions.
    As a girl what you want to be asked? She gone from Wednesday asking and making plans for Sunday to see each other to Thursday evening texting what she did.

I made the offer to be flexible and to work around her free time. I dunno I have this feeling there is someone else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caspa)
    As a girl what you want to be asked? She gone from Wednesday asking and making plans for Sunday to see each other to Thursday evening texting what she did.

I made the offer to be flexible and to work around her free time. I dunno I have this feeling there is someone else
    Ask her, if someone asked me I'd just tell them. I wouldn't think anything weird of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natalie427)
    Ask her, if someone asked me I'd just tell them. I wouldn't think anything weird of it.
    OK i will I am so confused over it. She was so excited about going out Sunday on Wednesday then flip to what she said Thursday.

I am going to wait till tomorrow and text her after the time we was going out. Give her space

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caspa)
    Unfortunately you can't make someone want to be together, just like that, so your best bet is to just try to accept that she doesn't appreciate you and/or serious relationships and move on, head held high, seeking someone who does

Can I even ask her outright what happened?
    You can, of course, ask her just to be real with you, but whether she will play ball depends on the girl in question (and given what little you've told us, on balance she doesn't fit the profile of a mature/forthright/dependable type)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.