Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Nah, not really. I guess it would work on just one song on an album for novelty's sake...

ReputationRep:
    That said, I do love a great and memorable song title

ReputationRep:
    So kind of sucks if the title is too long to remember :p:

ReputationRep:
    Alright, you win this round :p:

ReputationRep:
    :vector:

ReputationRep:

"La Villa Strangiato (An Exercise in Self-Indulgence)"
    I: "Buenos Nochas, Mein Froinds!"
    II: "To sleep, perchance to dream. .."
    III: "Strangiato theme"
    IV: "A Lerxst in Wonderland"
    V: "Monsters!"
    VI: "The Ghost of the Aragon"
    VII: "Danforth and Pape"
    VIII: "The Waltz of the Shreves"
    IX: "Never turn your back on a Monster!"
    X: "Monsters! (Reprise)"
    XI: "Strangiato theme (Reprise)"
    XII: "A Farewell to Things"

Is a bit of a monster and not just the title either, the song clocks in at just over 9 minutes 30 seconds. Gotta love Rush.

ReputationRep:
    Wow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vector)
    Wow...
    Yeah that's why us Rush fans call it La Villa Strangiato which I believe means the House Of Dreams. I've read qutie a few of your posts on the music forum and you have a pretty open mind about the stuff you listen to. I'd really suggest lsitening to Rush if you haven't done so already. La Villa Strangiato might be a good place to start actually. A huge instrumental that reveals the amazing talents of all 3 of the band's members. It'll blow your mind when you latch onto the fact it's just 3 men creating this huge sound!

ReputationRep:
    I have a drone/noise track from friends of mine Groaner coming in at 27:18.

The longest track names i have are probably the Sufjan and Red Sparrows mentioned in the first couple of posts.

Longest album title is probably...'Hurrah! Another Year, Surely This One Will Be Better Than The Last; The Inexorable March Of Progress Will Lead Us All To Happiness'. By Youthmovie Soundtrack Strategies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Too Far Gone)
    Yeah that's why us Rush fans call it La Villa Strangiato which I believe means the House Of Dreams. I've read qutie a few of your posts on the music forum and you have a pretty open mind about the stuff you listen to. I'd really suggest lsitening to Rush if you haven't done so already. La Villa Strangiato might be a good place to start actually. A huge instrumental that reveals the amazing talents of all 3 of the band's members. It'll blow your mind when you latch onto the fact it's just 3 men creating this huge sound!
    Open minded is the only way to be about music I can't say I've ever knowingly listened to Rush, but I'll give it a go Can you suggest a good starting point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vector)
    Open minded is the only way to be about music I can't say I've ever knowingly listened to Rush, but I'll give it a go Can you suggest a good starting point?
    Depends what you're into. If it's a subgenre of Rock chances are Rush have dabbled in it.

Here's a few YouTube videos to get you started.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zbvw7UNZLZA - Fly By Night (Led Zeppelin style Classic Rock)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l7zcvZgcAn4 - Xanadu (Epic Classic Progressive Rock)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MXeUXLzD3o4 - Roll The Bones (Keyboardy '80s Rock with rapping skeleton!)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7S9uNxUI9ng - Far Cry (The latest single, light Heavy Metal, if that makes sense)

Let me know how you find them.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent - will have a browse. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Longest song title i have: "The Black Hawk War, Or, How To Demolish An Entire Civilization And Still Feel Good About Yourself In The Morning, Or, We Apologize For The Inconvenience But You're Going To Have To Leave Now, Or..." by Sufjan

Longest song i have is half an hour: Providence by Godspeed you! Black Emperor.

If I Had A Pound For Every Stale Song Title I'd Be 30 Short Of Getting Out Of This Mess - Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly

(Original post by mc_watson87)
    Longest song title i have: "The Black Hawk War, Or, How To Demolish An Entire Civilization And Still Feel Good About Yourself In The Morning, Or, We Apologize For The Inconvenience But You're Going To Have To Leave Now, Or..." by Sufjan

Longest song i have is half an hour: Providence by Godspeed you! Black Emperor.
    The longest i have by Sufjan is 'A Conjunction of Drones Simulating the Way in Which Sufjan Stevens Has an Existential Crisis in the Great Godfrey Maze'

ReputationRep:
    Longest band name ever

Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitiss arcomucosis (and yes they are real)

02 - Uruporfironogenodescarboxilandom e Y Pustulandome Con Tu Anorgasmia Exaclorobencenosisticarial Sexo Traumatizante

06 - Succionando Y Exitando carcinomas Femeninas (Falta de Higiene Genital)

09 - Psicoiticoproparasitoscopociabsc esoinfangiectasiespasmo Y Hematico

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.