Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Applying to Barts with no Tariff points *urgent*

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone. I recently discovered that CIE A levels don't attract any UCAS Tariff points. Does anyone know how Barts and the London assesses international applicants for Medicine that are going to give their A levels under CIE and have 0 Tariff points as a result?
    I tried emailing them but got an automated reply saying I'll probably not get an answer as they're too busy now XD
    Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lidzi_)
    Hey everyone. I recently discovered that CIE A levels don't attract any UCAS Tariff points. Does anyone know how Barts and the London assesses international applicants for Medicine that are going to sit for A levels under CIE and have 0 Tariff points as a result?
    I tried emailing them but got an automated reply saying I'll probably not get an answer as they're too busy now XD
    Thanks in advance!
    They don't use tariff points anyway. Just use your A-level predictions as normal.

(And CIE A-levels do have UCAS tariff points, same as UK exam boards...)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    They don't use tariff points anyway. Just use your A-level predictions as normal.

(And CIE A-levels do have UCAS tariff points, same as UK exam boards...)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 34
Size:  58.6 KB
    Their website and this document states that they use Tariff points and UKCAT in a 50/50 weighting. Also, I tweeted UCAS Online today asking about CIE not being listed as an awarding body in the Tariff tables and they replied saying that it's because CIE qualifications don't attract any points

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 34
Size:  58.6 KB
    Their website and this document states that they use Tariff points and UKCAT in a 50/50 weighting. Also, I tweeted UCAS Online today asking about CIE not being listed as an awarding body in the Tariff tables and they replied saying that it's because CIE qualifications don't attract any points
    http://www.cie.org.uk/images/142010-...ent-grades.pdf

ReputationRep:
    I came across this too so that's confusing.
    I just asked them again with a screenshot of the document so let's see what they say. Thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    I came across this too so that's confusing.
    I just asked them again with a screenshot of the document so let's see what they say. Thanks for the help!
    Also page 47
    https://www.ucas.com/sites/default/f...ifications.pdf

(Honestly, many thousands of pupils do A-levels via CIE - it's definitely accepted...)

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.