Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Love him, hate my cast! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    OH my, went to see the yr11 Drama production on Friday night, it was shocking. So bad. For instance... There is a prt where the girl puts her hand in a toaster... she takes it out and says "Oh, Ive been eletecuted" and two seconds later falls down. It was soo bad.

Also Friday night being Artsfest, the other Senior class did an excerpt form Hairspray musical theatre. Halfway through people start clapping along to the music! :mad: :mad: Highly unprofessional, you could see the actors getting pissed becuase it was the mates of the yr 11's who were doing it.

And thats my little story. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Oooh I did a song from Hairspray at drama summer school Seems quite fun

(Original post by Everdawn)
    OH my, went to see the yr11 Drama production on Friday night, it was shocking. So bad. For instance... There is a prt where the girl puts her hand in a toaster... she takes it out and says "Oh, Ive been eletecuted" and two seconds later falls down. It was soo bad.
    where these year 11 who have just done a GCSE in drama because if so then oh my..

Also Friday night being Artsfest, the other Senior class did an excerpt form Hairspray musical theatre. Halfway through people start clapping along to the music! Highly unprofessional, you could see the actors getting pissed becuase it was the mates of the yr 11's who were doing it.
    and grrrrrrr i hate it when people do that. I have a theory about why people sometimes to that, i think it might be because for a lot of people the only theatre they really see is pantomine where you are supposed to do that..so they get confused over when it is right to participate. Well that is what happened at my youth theatres christmas play. Because it was a play on at christmas aimed at families people kept slipping into panto mode..

ReputationRep:
    Some people want to get the audience to clap along in shows. Depends on the show I guess.
    I just get annoyed cos they always clap out of times

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,
    Just letting you all know that I have now updated the members list. If your name isn't there and you think it should be then just PM me.

Thank you very much

Scottus

ReputationRep:
    Anybody involved in any shows or doing anything fun drama-wise?

ReputationRep:
    Yep, this year is going to be crazy! Fringe Festival was amazing; got slated by The Scotsman (1/5 "Please don't trouble us again."), but praised very highly by Three Weeks (3/5 "O-J Dyar's ambitious, mature and harrowing script... should stand the test of time and deserves an award for writing in itself"). We had really decent audience numbers (about 120 over the seven days!), and so with the sort of success this production has had, I've decided to do it all again! But with two plays, which are going to be much shorter. They're both forty-fifty minutes long, which should make more people come, and a hell of a lot simpler.

I'm also joining the Oxford Theatre Guild, and should be doing 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' at the Old Fire Station, Oxford in December. Finally, if I get through the auditions, I'm gonna be heading off to tour Canada at Easter with a play that twelve selected students are going to write and direct themselves! So it looks as though it's going to be a brilliant year!

ReputationRep:
    ive studied drama for 7 years now and ive always put 100% into what i do, eventhough this didnt help me in my final exam hence getting an E for it! :mad: ive always loved acting, its just a shame that in GCSE and A-level theres always a load of writing to go with it, so please please please can i become a member so i can be proud of my efforts please!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apocagem)
    Yep, this year is going to be crazy! Fringe Festival was amazing; got slated by The Scotsman (1/5 "Please don't trouble us again."), but praised very highly by Three Weeks (3/5 "O-J Dyar's ambitious, mature and harrowing script... should stand the test of time and deserves an award for writing in itself"). We had really decent audience numbers (about 120 over the seven days!), and so with the sort of success this production has had, I've decided to do it all again! But with two plays, which are going to be much shorter. They're both forty-fifty minutes long, which should make more people come, and a hell of a lot simpler.

I'm also joining the Oxford Theatre Guild, and should be doing 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' at the Old Fire Station, Oxford in December. Finally, if I get through the auditions, I'm gonna be heading off to tour Canada at Easter with a play that twelve selected students are going to write and direct themselves! So it looks as though it's going to be a brilliant year!
    Wow! Uber congrats my dear

(Original post by Apocagem)

that sounds really cool, so yes congrats

I have got a tour coming up of a play devised by a group of us over the summer..then hopefully i should get a fairly decent part in a production of Volpone, and at Christmas i'm on the design team for Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.. should all be fun and keep me busy for a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Anybody involved in any shows or doing anything fun drama-wise?
    We had our Musical theatre night about two weeks ago. I ended up doing Macvity and "God thats good" from Sweeny Todd. It was fun.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh I did Macavity at our school talent show a couple of years ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Oooh I did Macavity at our school talent show a couple of years ago
    Its fantastic isnt it!

ReputationRep:
    Since this thread needs some new life I thought I'd mention I had my writing and directing debut on Friday and it went very well
    My regular director phoned up to congratulate me the morning after!
    After all the stress I went through about it last week it's good to finally calm down :tsr:
    Plus I managed to nick a glowstick prop after it! Yay!

Does anyone have any idea about ways to stage Dr.Faustus? I mean like styles because I was in a production with a Punk Rock theme (punk style costumes-black/red with crazy makeup and black rebel motorcycle club music) however I need to come up with a different way to do it and I was just wondreing if anyone had any ideas to start giving me some inspiration

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.