Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

What do i do if i fail all my GCSEs?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok, i was thinking earlier. What do i do if i fail all my GCSEs?! Will i still be able to go to college?! Will my whole life just be a matter of existing without a job or having a low paid job and being super poor?!

Also, if i just pass my cores (i.e. English, Maths and Science) Is that good enough?

ReputationRep:
    Well if you think positively you won't fail
    YOU WILL NOT FAIL!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    it is pretty difficult to fail a gcse (meaning getting lower than a grade C) IF you put the effort in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EternalKiss)
    Ok, i was thinking earlier. What do i do if i fail all my GCSEs?! Will i still be able to go to college?! Will my whole life just be a matter of existing without a job or having a low paid job and being super poor?!

Also, if i just pass my cores (i.e. English, Maths and Science) Is that good enough?
    Work hard rather than thinking so negatively if you put the effort and revision in you surely can pass all your GCSE's and even get A*/A grades. If you sit down thinking you are not good enough to pass them and give up than you will surely fail and won't get into any good college course or have a good job. If you want a good future you have to work for it not like somebody is going to come and give you everything for free.

To get into sixth form you atleast need 5A*-C grades including Maths and English at 4/5 (think that's equivalent to a C not quite sure). To get into a good level 3 course you will need 5A*-C grades or atleast a pass in English and Maths if you want to do a decent level 3 apprenticeship.

Give up this attitude of a failure and work hard to get the grades (pick up a book) and you will pass everything. I never had too much confidence in myself when I did my GCSE exams and though I mostly failed everything but to my shock I had passed everything and now studying Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths A levels at sixth form. I was never confident about getting into sixth form but I guess hard work payed of and it will do in your case as well.

ReputationRep:
    I was in a similar postion at the begining of year 11 (october-ish). Bassically I was struggling in all of my sujects, I dont know why I was in set 1 lol. I could barley get a C in the end-of-year 10 exams (high D grade).

But during the october holidays of year 11, I sacrificed like 4/5 out of my holiday (like 4/5 hours of the day) and got the cgp book and made notes for chemistry. After I finished unit 1 - took about a few weeks I started doing a few past papers ( I did get mainly D/C's) But i made sure that I revised over my mistakes by reading my notes on the topics I got wrong + folwoing the markscheme properly. After 2 weeks the december mocks came and after revising and doing them pastpapers I got an A* in chemstry - It was a different paper as well, so if you just revise and do past papers properly your grades will improve.

And in the actual GCSE exams I got A* in it

Try not to revise everyay of the week you will BURN OUT!!!! (revise like 4/7 days but have it split out so monday- revise, tuesday-breaks, etc..)

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.