The Student Room Group

Going To open day

Hello guys hope you are all well...
actually I'm L3 btec engineering student on my second year and have started my ucas appl to uni this Sep... i want to ask about how important do i need to go to the open day of my 3rd, 4th and 5th unis choices... do u think i have to go to look around or just to visit my first and second uni choices
thanks alot😍😍
Original post by Albarraa
actually I'm L3 btec engineering student on my second year and have started my ucas appl to uni this Sep... i want to ask about how important do i need to go to the open day of my 3rd, 4th and 5th unis choices... do u think i have to go to look around or just to visit my first and second uni choices
thanks alot😍😍

If it's not feasible to go to all 5 then I guess 1 or 2 would be better or nothing. Ideally you want to be happy going to any 5 of your unis.. and if you visit you might think differently in some way about a uni..so go if you can, but if you can't then 1 or 2 is better than nothing.
Original post by Albarraa
thanks alot😍😍

Hello :smile:,

When I was doing open days I only went to my insurance and firm choice - after that I didn't see much point because even though I put five options, I knew if i didn't get into my first two, I wouldn't go to university so it's up to you whether you believe it's worth looking around again.

If you think that if you didn't get into your first two options, you'd still pick one of your other options then go to the open day and have a look round and ensure that you like the university and feel you could study there - but it's up to you!

Good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 3
It's not necessary, especially if you are fairly confident that you will be accepted into your 1st/2nd choice uni. Travelling to open days can be time consuming and expensive so don't feel pressured to go to any more than is necessary. If for whatever reason you do end up deciding to go to your 3rd/4th/5th choice university there are sometimes post-offer open days, or you can always just pop into the university at any time to look around and get a feel for the place during a normal day.
I went to two open days, my first choice and insurance. I don't think it's necessary to see them all unless you're really struggling to choose

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending