Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when Edinburgh accommodation opens for students starting UG in September 2017 who already have a deferred unconditional offer?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Han-han-han)
    Does anyone know when Edinburgh accommodation opens for students starting UG in September 2017 who already have a deferred unconditional offer?
    Hi Han-han-han, it varies on the University you're attending, but usually around Spring time. You can check on the University's accommodation page closer to time, for instance this one for The University of Edinburgh - http://www.accom.ed.ac.uk/for-studen...lication-faqs/.

We open our applications for September 2017 in November, so if you want guaranteed accommodation early you should check us out http://iq-student-accommodation.com/...tion/edinburgh

Good luck!
    The iQ Team

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I just applied for my accommodation a few days ago. I have a deferred unconditional offer to Edinburgh too.
    Go to the university's accommodation website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celinew)
    Hi,
    I just applied for my accommodation a few days ago. I have a deferred unconditional offer to Edinburgh too.
    Go to the university's accommodation website.
    What were your choices?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azzer11)
    What were your choices?
    I applied to Portsburgh, Brae House, Haddington Place, Salisbury Court and Blackfriars. All Standard rooms.

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Portsburgh, Brae House, Haddington Place, Salisbury Court and Blackfriars. All Standard rooms.
    Nice I applied to Salisbury Court, Deaconess, Portsburgh Court, Salisbury (Studio) and Brae House. Hopefully I'll get one of my top 2

ReputationRep:
    Nice I applied to Salisbury Court, Deaconess, Portsburgh Court, Salisbury (Studio) and Brae House. Hopefully I'll get one of my top 2
    I think Salisbury Court and Haddington are new but they looks really nice! Same

ReputationRep:
    I think Salisbury Court and Haddington are new but they looks really nice! Same
    Yeah, although there weren't any proper pictures for Salisbury so I just applied to it because it'll be new and modern and it's pretty central.

ReputationRep:
    Yes same. Even on the street map you could only see the bit of land that they were building on. Supposedly we'll hear back in May. What will you be studying? 😊

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, although there weren't any proper pictures for Salisbury so I just applied to it because it'll be new and modern and it's pretty central.
    Yes same. Even on the street map you could only see the bit of land that they were building on. Supposedly we'll hear back in May. What will you be studying?

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I also have a conditional offer for Electrical and Electronic engineering.
    I am planning to put Edinburgh as my firm choice.
    Salisbury Court seems nice, but I wasn't able to find any pictures of the en-suite room.
    I also liked Deaconnes and Portsburgh
    Any accommodation suggestions that are en-suite and near George Square Campus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Draculalevel)
    Hello everyone, I also have a conditional offer for Electrical and Electronic engineering.
    I am planning to put Edinburgh as my firm choice.
    Salisbury Court seems nice, but I wasn't able to find any pictures of the en-suite room.
    I also liked Deaconnes and Portsburgh
    Any accommodation suggestions that are en-suite and near George Square Campus?
    Congratulations!
    I applied to Portsburgh because it's quite close to George Square and the rooms looked really nice. I also applied to Brae House. On the website it said that it was about a 30 minute walk away from George Square but i have a friend who lives there and he said it's only about 20 minutes. I applied to Haddington Place, Salisbury and Blackfriars as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.